GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
What's a good alternative to TPC turbos? Vortex?
I would tell you go for Vortex. A lot of people have them already with great success rates, and EQT has a good community if you ever needed help.

The only reason I ended up with TPC38 was cause Vortex XL were sold out at the time. Because of Pandemic they didn't have any lead time when they would get them in again. So I bought a TPC38 cause it was in stock and I would be having fun by the summer. It's 2yrs later and I'm having some serious regrets.

Go EQT less worries, and company strictly deals with MQB cars.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
There's no way they'd still be in business if it was anywhere near that high... they'd have to be bankrupt by now
Why? They just don't carry inventory. They are a shitty middleman. You think they invested money in to this? Look at the welds on some of their turbos. They are junior varsity HS player that pretends they are D1 college. Smoke and mirrors man. Even their instagram account is smoke and mirrors. Over half the content has nothing to do with TPC themselves.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
They just "hide" all their debt from covering turbo and engine repairs on at least 50% of their customers? Someone please teach me this sorcery
You think they admit to their turbos being bad? or pay for blown engines? That's the trick! That's why they are so terrible.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Why? They just don't carry inventory. They are a shitty middleman. You think they invested money in to this? Look at the welds on some of their turbos. They are junior varsity HS player that pretends they are D1 college. Smoke and mirrors man. Even their instagram account is smoke and mirrors. Over half the content has nothing to do with TPC themselves.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I took this quick Video when I first got my TPC38 Turbo. Before I installed it I sent this video to TPC saying when I tap on it I hear a slight knock, and when I spin it I hear a motor noise almost like when bearings are going bad. I told them my stock IS20 doesn't have any of these issues and showed them in the Video They emailed me back saying this is totally Normal, Turbo is good for install.

TPC38 Turbine spin test
https://youtube.com/shorts/NWxjGcAbNVQ?feature=share

And Today I decided to do the Same to Vortex XL Turbo this is a Used Turbo with 30k miles on it, while the TPC Turbo was Brand New. Vortex Turbo is dead silent, I tapped side of Turbo so you know sound is on.

Vortex XL Turbine Spin test
https://youtube.com/shorts/NWxjGcAbNVQ?feature=share

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I don't know.. What's his claim? And where in the percentages does he fall in to?
I know of at least one well known person around here who had their TPC turbo take out their entire engine, which TPC surprising covered, under the condition neither they or the shop never mentioned anything about the turbo failing...

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Sure.

While I have your attention, do you have useful input? Maybe some personal experience with TPC you want to share?
You made an absurd claim that over 50% of their turbos fail and they can still somehow afford to stay in business. Where is the proof for that?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You made an absurd claim that over 50% of their turbos fail and they can still somehow afford to stay in business. Where is the proof for that?
How many working TPC turbos do you personally know of and have logs to prove it? My personal experience with TPC turbos is somewhere north of 60% have failed or are defective right out of the box. When YOU have solid proof, come back.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
@Subliminal: @Acadia18 Made a statement that nobody is doubting. I don't think he wants any smoke, so I think you need to stop causing trouble here. That is also one example. ONE, which we don't know the details to.

I know of real people who have bad TPC turbos which TPC claimed were working correctly. If you knew anything about bad turbos, you'd know they don't normally take out the whole engine.