GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
How many working TPC turbos do you personally know of and have logs to prove it. My personal experience with TPC turbos is somewhere north of 60% have failed. When YOU have solid proof, come back.
My personal experience is that is20s have a 0% failure rate. Does that make it a fact?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Woof this thread. Lots of made up "facts" and percentages.
Nothing made up about lots of TPC turbos requiring 100% gate to make 27 psi. We have 770s that are advertised as 40 PSI turbos that can't even hold 36 psi with a gate fully closed. The problem is, most people don't understand the logs, and they have tuners that are basically lying to them. The defective rate is very high. Just because they don't blow in to a million pieces doesn't mean they aren't failed/defective.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Nothing made up about lots of TPC turbos requiring 100% gate to make 27 psi. We have 770s that are advertised as 40 PSI turbos that can't even hold 36 psi with a gate fully closed. The problem is, most people don't understand the logs, and they have tuners that are basically lying to them. The defective rate is very high. Just because they don't blow in to a million pieces doesn't mean they aren't failed/defective.
Your made up 60% failure rates aren't helping to prove whatever case it is you're trying to make.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Your made up 60% failure rates aren't helping to prove whatever case it is you're trying to make.

Almost every TPC I've known of does not perform right. I have people messaging me here reporting it but afraid to go public because TPC is holding their money. They are forced to "work" with TPC, and get other TPC turbos shoved down their throats. TPC does not pay for time or install fees. This is what's happening.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Show me a single tuner/turbo manufacturer that hasn't ever had a single batch of bad turbos and you get a prize

Well, you know of at least 4 bad TPC turbos right here right? How many people do you personally know with working TPC turbos? Without knowing TPC sales numbers, we can only extrapolate. I'm guessing TPC sales numbers are really not that high compared to guys in EQT. I'll let you tell me how many TPC turbos are out there compared to EQT. We can work together and paint a picture.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Show me a single tuner/turbo manufacturer that hasn't ever had a single batch of bad turbos and you get a prize

The problems exist in TPC20/TPC38/TPC770. Looks like a systemic problem to me, not a bad batch. They have also had problems across multiple revisions and years.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Well, you know of at least 4 bad TPC turbos right here right? How many people do you personally know with working TPC turbos? Without knowing TPC sales numbers, we can only extrapolate. I'm guessing TPC sales numbers are really not that high compared to guys in EQT. I'll let you tell me how many TPC turbos are out there compared to EQT. We can work together and paint a picture.
Two personally, one I installed for the guy. To my knowledge both love them. A few more through forums that I've never met in person. They've sold thousands, claiming you know 4 people with problems doesn't paint the picture you think it does.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Two personally, one I installed for the guy. To my knowledge both love them. A few more through forums that I've never met in person. They've sold thousands, claiming you know 4 people with problems doesn't paint the picture you think it does.

Do you have logs of them? Just because they don't blow up doesn't mean they aren't working correctly. Actually I know of at least 7 with problems, and I'm one person. So you know 2 good ones personally, and I know 4 bad ones personally. Between the two of us, there are more bad units than good. Are we okay with leaving that simple math be?

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So you're saying failure rates are higher than people claim. I'm glad we are on the same page.
Ah right, so if you were claiming a 60% failure rate then in reality it must be well over 75%, maybe even a full blown 100%!!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Ah right, so if you were claiming a 60% failure rate then in reality it must be well over 75%, maybe even a full blown 100%!!
If you want to make those claims, I'm okay with it. Btw, still waiting for you to share your personal experiences. You're seeing real numbers here. Out of 6 TPC turbos that people have personal experience with, 4 are defective. These are just the turbos two people personally know of, IRL. What percentage is 4 out of 6?