GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Dude.. seriously.. Butter.. keep stirring it slowly. I like it a little under done. Fresh black pepper and fresh sea salt if you want that extra pop.

Don't forget the hot sauce

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Either way.. TPC doesn't actually machine and build their turbos. And I'm not a fucking chef.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
TPC38BB
Light pull 3500-5500RPM
I'm being told WG is high for the requested PSI.
Screenshot_20230512-130940__01.jpg

Screenshot_20230512-130731__01.jpg

Screenshot_20230512-130848__01.jpg

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
It's broke yo.
Got the first basemap file but only Final value shows.
Trying to see if it went bad or it's been bad from the beginning.
Screenshot_20230512-171757__01.jpg

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Typical broken TPC numbers there. There are A LOT of people out there with broken TPC turbos and shit tunes, but just don't know it. You'd probably get walked by a IS38 car with those numbers.

People, don't buy TPC turbos, I'll bet its at least 50% failure rate. If not worse.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Typical broken TPC numbers there. There are A LOT of people out there with broken TPC turbos and shit tunes, but just don't know it. You'd probably get walked by a IS38 car with those numbers.

People, don't buy TPC turbos, I'll bet its at least 50% failure rate. If not worse.
There's no way they'd still be in business if it was anywhere near that high... they'd have to be bankrupt by now

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You’d be surprised. They hide it all.

I know of at least one well known person around here who had their TPC turbo take out their entire engine, which TPC surprising covered, under the condition neither they or the shop never mentioned anything about the turbo failing...

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
They just "hide" all their debt from covering turbo and engine repairs on at least 50% of their customers? Someone please teach me this sorcery

n0ferz

Car(s)
MQB

What's a good alternative to TPC turbos? Vortex?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
What's a good alternative to TPC turbos? Vortex?
I actually asked this in another thread as I'm starting my build in that direction. Vortex, Mamba, Littco, Schuenk, DBV2, Garrett, etc