GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you need a battery ...

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
My R is 4 years old this month so I recently decided to replace the battery proactively, before it goes tits-up on me. Decided to go with Odyssey Performance AGM, and made a great discovery - FCP Euro, the vendor who provides lifetime warranty on virtually everything, is an Odyssey dealer, and yes, FCP's lifetime warranty policy applies to batteries too. The cherry on top is that FCP's price on the appropriate H6 size is lower than every other dealer - $248.99. Even Amazon charges $300. Smoking deal.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/automotive-battery-group-48-odyssey-48-720

So, score a great battery with a lifetime warranty at a great price, comparable to similar AGM batteries from the local parts store.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My R is 4 years old this month so I recently decided to replace the battery proactively, before it goes tits-up on me. Decided to go with Odyssey Performance AGM, and made a great discovery - FCP Euro, the vendor who provides lifetime warranty on virtually everything, is an Odyssey dealer, and yes, FCP's lifetime warranty policy applies to batteries too. The cherry on top is that FCP's price on the appropriate H6 size is lower than every other dealer - $248.99. Even Amazon charges $300. Smoking deal.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/automotive-battery-group-48-odyssey-48-720

So, score a great battery with a lifetime warranty at a great price, comparable to similar AGM batteries from the local parts store.

Same battery I have in my R, from FCP.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Had a few beers. Been changing kessy failures and random 12v warnings. Hopefully this fixes it.

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I don't want to know what it would cost to ship a battery, but you can also drop off returns to them - that's my plan the next time I'm heading down towards NY
I'm in Bayonne nj, don't know if it's worth the 3hr drive to do that but good to know they warranty it!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
quick google

USPS yes but it mentions 25# as max weight. I believe you will be over that number

I see it as NOT being easy/cheap

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
Still... a 250$ battery for a 50$ shipping fee.... is a great deal. I do this for all my oil changes too... costs me about 25$ in shipping but now I get free LiquiMoly whenever I want.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Solid option if you're local to FCP I suppose. But like others mentioned, shipping the old batteries back to them sounds like a decent amount of hassle and cost. I just go with AGM batteries from Sam's Club or Costco, or Advance/AutoZone/etc. in a pinch. The AGM options are usually their top tier and carry a 3 year warranty at minimum. Swap out before the 3 years, and you get another 2-3 years with the new battery. Sure, you end up having to buy a new one again a few years down the line once the warranty is up, but there's no such thing as a free lunch anyway lol.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
New odyssey solved my KESSY issues. Also swear the car drives smoother but I’m sure it’s just placebo.