GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need a new engine at 48k miles, pre owned warranty voided by stage 1 tune

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
Still in warranty, still financed, tuned with a Cobb Accessport, AND you shit a ring on #4?

You sure you don’t have a Subaru?!?
That’s what it sounds like

Drazzed

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
That stinks. Any signs of the car being tuned by the first owner?

Don't have a JB/1JB4/Neuspeed module, maybe someone w one can confirm...but would there be signs/scratches from install? It wouldn't hurt to call few tuners and have them check your VIN. (Use a different storyline :))

Man.. is it me or has this forum seen an increase of engine failures these past few months?

Zero signs of any mods or tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just flashed it back to “stage 0” before I dropped it off.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway because the flash counter would have picked up how many times the ECU had been flashed. Even had you removed the AP from the ECU the VW flash counter would have still shown that it had been flashed.

Drazzed

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just bad luck and a coincidence. Sorry.

I guess, my man, I guess.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway because the flash counter would have picked up how many times the ECU had been flashed. Even had you removed the AP from the ECU the VW flash counter would have still shown that it had been flashed.

Yeah I was aware of that, that’s why I didn’t even bother to uninstall it, I basically flashed to 0 just so I could run the car on “stock” while I was replacing the ignition coils and spark plugs.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry to hear this. What Hoon said. Get a used engine and have an independent replace, should be significantly south of $5K. It is unfortunate, but survivable compared to the cost of engine and install at a dealer.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Kompression rate. I assume.