GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hey Dave,
Looking through ETKA right now and noted these part numbers. Do you reckon they'd fit for a MK7 R?
5H0 825 268
5WA 825 101 E (there is a Macan part number for this that looks like its the same part: 95B-825-101-E-1E0 and Audi Q3 AWD part number 5QF 825 101 A )
5WA 201 429 A and B

No idea what those items are..I don't have access to the latest ETKA ..& my local parts guy is basically on lockdown as we all are in UK....

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
No idea what those items are..I don't have access to the latest ETKA ..& my local parts guy is basically on lockdown as we all are in UK....
1611406792807.png

1611406818093.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Item No.25 from Mk8 Golf doesn't fit without having to make an additional piece as its too short to MK7....others have bodged it....

Basically the large undertrays on the sides (item no.15) on our cars are shorter than the MK8 Golf...so likely to be the same for the new Audi etc as they are based on the newer MQB version platform..

Item No.50..can't tell what it fits to..might be to the fuel tank??..but ours again is different.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Item No.25 from Mk8 Golf doesn't fit without having to make an additional piece as its too short to MK7....others have bodged it....

Basically the large undertrays on the sides (item no.15) on our cars are shorter than the MK8 Golf...so likely to be the same for the new Audi etc as they are based on the newer MQB version platform..

Item No.50..can't tell what it fits to..might be to the fuel tank??..but ours again is different.
Looks like I'm not even close to being the first pioneer trying to retrofit MK8 parts haha!

There's also this part off a tiguan - I think Iron Nick raised it before but I couldn't grasp what he was trying to conclude.
1611413280393.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Looks like I'm not even close to being the first pioneer trying to retrofit MK8 parts haha!

There's also this part off a tiguan - I think Iron Nick raised it before but I couldn't grasp what he was trying to conclude.
View attachment 200968

Yeah I saw his original posts on a Romanian forum, long before he posted on here...& that part above in picture is the one where he had to make a fill-in extender piece between the above parts end with the four tabs on it & the existing MK7 side undertray as our trays finish in a different place to the MK8 Golf.....the rear left hole is for the fuel tank fixing point...which is harder to move..

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Yeah I saw his original posts on a Romanian forum, long before he posted on here...& that part above in picture is the one where he had to make a fill-in extender piece between the above parts end with the four tabs on it & the existing MK7 side undertray as our trays finish in a different place to the MK8 Golf.....the rear left hole is for the fuel tank fixing point...which is harder to move..
Darn, If there’s a gap between the two pieces it won’t give much of an aerodynamic advantage anyways then.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Darn, If there’s a gap between the two pieces it won’t give much of an aerodynamic advantage anyways then.

He made a full cover piece...here is his thread on the Romania forum:-

Golf 7 - Imbunatatiri aerodinamice si NVH (Noise, vibration and harshness) - Golf VII - vwForum.ro

He started the above in September 2019...

I only came across it when I was doing research for my Tiguan front subframe cover & found he had fitted it...but bodged it. ...I recommend trimming the upstands to provide a closer fit as our subframe is a different contour shape & also to fit three other bolts instead of 3 plastic rivets...

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Following

ixiuxi

Car(s)
Golf GTI Perf Mk 7.5
Hi, I would like to retrofit the MK8 rear axle cover on my GTI but I can`t find the partnumbers of the screws that are marked in this foto (1 and 2)
MK8-Rear-axle-cover-reduced.jpg
Can anyone please post the numbers?

thanks

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
No. 1 is plastic nut WHT003479 plus screw N90974701. You need a holder 5QF501682 with screw N91191401 and other nut WHT000713.
No. 2 is just screw for arm and the cover has integrated hook

Last edited:

ixiuxi

Car(s)
Golf GTI Perf Mk 7.5
Does anyone know what's the differnce between those three partnumbers?

VERKLEID.
OE-Nr: 5WA501713
19.40 EUR​
VERKLEID.
OE-Nr: 5WA501713A
19.60 EUR​
VERKLEID.
OE-Nr: 5WA501713B
26.90 EUR​

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Does anyone know what's the differnce between those three partnumbers?

VERKLEID.
OE-Nr: 5WA501713
19.40 EUR​
VERKLEID.
OE-Nr: 5WA501713A
19.60 EUR​
VERKLEID.
OE-Nr: 5WA501713B
26.90 EUR​

It will be for different suspension & floor module types....i.e. multilink, torsion beam, fuel tanks, etc...I don't know which is for which as I don't have the PR codes for all those parts...

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Just note that I mentioned parts required for 5WA501713A on MK8...as shown on the picture. Not sure if MK7 needs the same.

5WA501713 and 5WA501713B are different, with different shape and holder...at least according to etka

Last edited: