GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Sorry, if this has been asked and is buried in the thread....what is the part number of this piece?

IMG_20201103_113032.jpg

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
So can I fit either engine tray 5Q0825236Q or 5Q0825902C just the latter is a skid tray. I notice 1st has a wavy edge & skid tray has a straight edge towards the rear.

Then use 5Q0825229C exhaust cover without the need for the Tiguan mod?

Rob.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So can I fit either engine tray 5Q0825236Q or 5Q0825902C just the latter is a skid tray. I notice 1st has a wavy edge & skid tray has a straight edge towards the rear.

Then use 5Q0825229C exhaust cover without the need for the Tiguan mod?

Rob.

The Tiguan cover is the only cover that fits the steel subframe to cover the steel subframe...the aero tray (noise insulation) or the skid tray items which are specifically made for the Mk7 Golf join onto the subframe but do not fully cover the subframe, this is obvious if you go look at the pictures in the start of this thread & the Tiguan cover thread linked to above...or look at the picture linked to above of the items laid out in their correct places...

The MK8 Golf thin plastic aero tray from the "eco" version which has the aluminium subframe is a huge undertray which covers the whole area of both the MK7 aero tray or skid tray & the Tiguan tray....BUT the rear fittings required might not work on the steel subframe.

If you don't want to drill your steel subframe don't fit the Tiguan cover...the front ray for the exhaust tunnel & either the aero tray (noise insulation) or skid tray are easy fits to all 2wd MK7 Golfs....also fit the rear exhaust tunnel trays, & the best bank for buck is the MK8 Golf aero covers which fit the rear lower arms if you have the multilink rear suspension...

ethanalice

Passed Driver's Ed
I juz saw in a YouTube channel that the 2 front lower control arms for mk8 also comes with a similar aero cover . Anyone have that part nos. & can it be use for mk7 ?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I juz saw in a YouTube channel that the 2 front lower control arms for mk8 also comes with a similar aero cover . Anyone have that part nos. & can it be use for mk7 ?

Yeah its documented in this thread somewhere.....thing is they don't allow the RS3 brake cooling ducts/guide to fitted which I consider to be MORE important to our cars...

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Yeah its documented in this thread somewhere.....thing is they don't allow the RS3 brake cooling ducts/guide to fitted which I consider to be MORE important to our cars...
It would be great if those details were on the first page as well...;):D

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm really hoping my aero guards are going to fit with the verus rear diffuser.... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ethanalice

Passed Driver's Ed
Gti mk8 had been hoisted up and undercarriage was discussed in details.
Both front lower control arms at 2.50sec did show aero panel installed..

in this YouTube channel ..
VW Golf 8 GTI von unten auf einer Hebebühne - Volkswagen, Modelljahr 2021
TV Solution

Last edited: