GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

Locox

Car(s)
VW Passat
Hello. Is the software train you listed for your unit correct? From what I have seen, 08XX firmware generally is only four digits, but the one you listed is five digits. When updating software trains, it is generally considered safe to update within the same series (for example, 08XX) and can be risky from other series (though in some cases is perfectly possible).

When updating the software train, you should not lose your coding or dataset (though of course, I cannot guarantee that nothing strange could happen). I previously updated my Delphi MST2's firmware and had no issue with the unit continuing to work with Fender audio (we didn't get Dynaudio for North American Mk7s and Mk7.5s, but it is pretty similar). In terms of picking a version to update to, you just want to make sure there is support for the version you want for your unit's specific hardware (for example, STD, Plus, Nav, etc.) for both the activator and any patch you want. There is a lot of support for EU firmware, so I do not think you will encounter an issue with respect to that.

For your VCRN question, what specifically are you trying to do with that? With the Duke and Congo activator, I do not think you actually need to worry about the VCRN as the patch should cause the unit to ignore conflicts and whatnot.

Just make sure that your car's battery is either connected to an external power source (generally preferred) or that the engine is running (I have not done this but some people say it is fine) to avoid the unit losing power during the patching process.
Thank you for your answer.
About CarPlay and AndroidAuto.
I found a problem with this Update firmware because a Variant Conflict. So I installed a lower version who shows having my variant.
Software is patched and runs ok, but Using mst2fecgen.mibsolution.one and ODISEleven to make the CarPlay and Android Auto launch me a error, so I installed the Firmware Upgrade for nothing.
I did a Congo and Duke patch, and I can see on my screen The Carplay and Android Auto, but when I connect the USB nothing is happening. No any reaction, just my Cel start loading the battery.
I will check now if is coding, I will see if OBDEleven can fix it.
Abouth my Navigation card problem.
Tool box could not be installed on my Unit. I will check if the installed Congo and Duke fixed. I will check out Im downloading the hole Europe 2023 V18, and will check after is done.
I will post later.
Thank you

Last edited:

Locox

Car(s)
VW Passat
Ok regarding to last replay.
Congo and Duke is definitive the best option. My Radio is working 100%
1.- Maps EU 2023 v18 Working.
2.- Last Update Clear fault done.
3.- Android Auto and CarPlay Working > with USB Cable.
4.- All my voice comand and Dynaudio working as well.

Nothing else this radio from the Golf AllStar from my wife need.
I`m done.
Thank you guys.

Grate website really helpfull.;)

Awayen

Car(s)
Golf 7 2016
Hello guys I installed MIB2 PATCH for Delphi units and Apple carplay doesn't work only android auto work but carplay doesn't want to start no phone detection
what is the solution guys ?

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Hello guys I installed MIB2 PATCH for Delphi units and Apple carplay doesn't work only android auto work but carplay doesn't want to start no phone detection
what is the solution guys ?
If you have the option for CarPlay displayed in App Connect, you likely need to replace the USB port assembly (or module) to one that supports CarPlay. Some only support Android Auto. Best to check what part number you have. I think in some cases you can physically tell by looking at the USB port and seeing if there is a notch, but I am no expert.

total2005

Car(s)
Audi A3 Facelight
Ok regarding to last replay.
Congo and Duke is definitive the best option. My Radio is working 100%
1.- Maps EU 2023 v18 Working.
2.- Last Update Clear fault done.
3.- Android Auto and CarPlay Working > with USB Cable.
4.- All my voice comand and Dynaudio working as well.

Nothing else this radio from the Golf AllStar from my wife need.
I`m done.
Thank you guys.

Grate website really helpfull.;)
Hello, I'm new here and I have the same problem, how did you manage to solve it, can you help, I'm from Brazil?

Hasan

Car(s)
Passat B8
This is my MIB2 Delphi unit:
- MST2_EU_VW_P0628D
- 3Q0 035 819B
it was not patched ever, just original firmware

5) My MST2 unit shows the following codes:
- installed:
- supported

can I unlock carplay? how can I do ? What is the latest version I can install?

doee

Car(s)
passat b8
This is my MIB2 Delphi unit:
- MST2_EU_VW_P0628D
- 3Q0 035 819B
it was not patched ever, just original firmware

5) My MST2 unit shows the following codes:
- installed:
- supported

can I unlock carplay? how can I do ? What is the latest version I can install?
yes, you can unlock carplay. it's very simple, just follow the instructions...

Hasan

Car(s)
Passat B8
What did I do wrong?
It is in the installed modes, but Android Auto does not appear on the screen and does not connect.

Danidasanic

read the post from the beginning and everything will be clear to you.
in one of my posts you have pictures of how to edit VCRN and addFecs in my case

You added the fecs originally installed on your unid plus the fecs you wanted to unlock inside the "addfecs" file or only the fecs you wanted to unlock ?