GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Hoon solved the 2022 fuel crisis.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Did you ask Sneeky about the 5 bar? When I was getting mine he told me only to do the 4bar put šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Im
Not sure if he will adjust the tables for the 5 bar map
I havenā€™t spoken to him about it yet but from what Iā€™ve read the 5 bar has better resolution for daily driving. This turbo is supposed to be happy in the mid 30s boost wise but I want to retain drivability as much as possible.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I havenā€™t spoken to him about it yet but from what Iā€™ve read the 5 bar has better resolution for daily driving. This turbo is supposed to be happy in the mid 30s boost wise but I want to retain drivability as much as possible.
Yeah thatā€™s correct - the 5 bar at MAP is the better way to do it than a 4 bar at map, thatā€™s why I got the harness to do 5 bar map location- but when I told Sneeky I had it he told me to keep the stock 3 bar map and that he only wants the PUT 4 bar done... Iā€™m not fully on the train for doing that as Iā€™ve gathered itā€™s ā€œriskyā€ for fueling at part throttle.

but the reality is that if Sneeky doesnā€™t adjust the low voltage reading tables for the map location 5 bar it wont work at all. So before you buy it just check with him, I do know that the tpc20 car he tunes runs mid 30s psi with the stock 3 bar map location and 4 bar PUT only

Last edited:

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Hey Wastegate, you plan on getting BFI mounts but for now you have been on the stock engine mounts this entire time? How have they faired?

Im about to get a lot more power myself and dont think I will get to them for a while... you are the first person I see in a bit running stage 2 or more still with the stock mounts....

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Hey Wastegate, you plan on getting BFI mounts but for now you have been on the stock engine mounts this entire time? How have they faired?

Im about to get a lot more power myself and dont think I will get to them for a while... you are the first person I see in a bit running stage 2 or more still with the stock mounts....
Probably not great lol. I get a pretty nasty bang on the 1-2 shift when using launch control. Iā€™ve been meaning to at least get a power flex insert but Iā€™ve been busy with work and havenā€™t looked to see what version I need.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So made the trek to Helen for alpine volks fair and something let go just outside of town. Was attempting to pass someone and got a cel and epc. Pulled the car over and attempted to clear the epc light. Car runs but makes zero boost and the turbo bearings donā€™t sound very good. Car finally made it back to Florida this afternoon. Iā€™m crossing my fingers that itā€™s just the turbo. I wasnā€™t logging during but the knock retard during the whole drive and incident was .38. Right now Iā€™m looking at having an overpriced fuel system for an is38. Donā€™t trust the dbv2 and I canā€™t get a vortex in a timely manner. After everything thatā€™s happened this month I wish I could go back to 2020 lol.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So made the trek to Helen for alpine volks fair and something let go just outside of town. Was attempting to pass someone and got a cel and epc. Pulled the car over and attempted to clear the epc light. Car runs but makes zero boost and the turbo bearings donā€™t sound very good. Car finally made it back to Florida this afternoon. Iā€™m crossing my fingers that itā€™s just the turbo. I wasnā€™t logging during but the knock retard during the whole drive and incident was .38. Right now Iā€™m looking at having an overpriced fuel system for an is38. Donā€™t trust the dbv2 and I canā€™t get a vortex in a timely manner. After everything thatā€™s happened this month I wish I could go back to 2020 lol.
You and me both, just for different reasons.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Mod list updated. Finally got an engine on the way and the vortex was delivered today with the 5 bar map sensor. Car should be running again in a few weeks. Hereā€™s a picture of a dead dbv2.
081F6EB6-D77D-47C8-92AD-8A3EF9940848.jpeg