GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Holy shit...leasing an Evo X GSR for $259/month

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
impressions so far? how is the clutch and shifter?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Well the S54 motor design is 10+ yrs old... I'd assume your SRT8 has a newer engine design than that!

not really... old V8.. the 6.4L 392 Hemi originally came out in 2005, then revised for 2011. it did add that MDS thing, so i can cruise around town on 4 cyls with light throttle tho..

Evo_s4

Ready to race!

Attachments

• evox1.jpg
    evox1.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 197

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
impressions so far? how is the clutch and shifter?

I thought about writing the initial impression, but I didn't want to open a can of worms :lol:

Comparing to the GTI, the clutch is stiffer. The pedal distance is very short. I like how the pedal is spaced away from the brake, and when I press on the pedal, my leg is straight, not twisted like how it is in the GTI. The clutch in the GTI, even though it's light, causes minor pain in my ankles. Shifter is solid and notchy and requires much more effort to shift. Overall, I like it. The clutch and shifter in the GTI was too soft for me, and because of that, I had a feeling something would go wrong when I stepped on it.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2022 GTI SE
The one thing the X manual needs desperately is a sixth gear or a re-gear of 4th and 5th. The Evo VIII had a taller 4th, and it was a lot more fun for acceleration on a track. The GTI 6th has spoiled me, and really helps a lot for fuel economy.

That Evo clutch can actually hold torque, which is wonderful. You'll enjoy that a lot. The shifter in the X is really notchy into second and third for some people, but it depends on driving style. Once you learn the rhythm of it, it's second nature.

The handling is where the car is total magic.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
not really... old V8.. the 6.4L 392 Hemi originally came out in 2005, then revised for 2011. it did add that MDS thing, so i can cruise around town on 4 cyls with light throttle tho..

right.. half your engine "shuts down"... so, yeah...

Evo_s4

Ready to race!
The one thing the X manual needs desperately is a sixth gear or a re-gear of 4th and 5th. The Evo VIII had a taller 4th, and it was a lot more fun for acceleration on a track. The GTI 6th has spoiled me, and really helps a lot for fuel economy.

That Evo clutch can actually hold torque, which is wonderful. You'll enjoy that a lot. The shifter in the X is really notchy into second and third for some people, but it depends on driving style. Once you learn the rhythm of it, it's second nature.

The handling is where the car is total magic.

dude its was only notchy for the weak:D