GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Holy shit...leasing an Evo X GSR for $259/month

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
God I'm so tempted to get my ass back in another Evo after almost a decade with this deal :drool: :drool:

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Do you know what the final 'purchase price' of the car was that you're leasing? And what the buyout price will be?

Yeah, the buy-out price is 29K. I doubt I will buy the car at that price. Plus, at that time, the new STI and Evo should be in their 2nd year. ;)

Sounds like a good deal congratz.. I still salivate over Evos everytime i see one!!!

Thanks!

Very tempting but I'm not sure how to feel about not having a car in two years or any equity.

:word: That's how I feel too. I'm excited, but at the same time, I feel like I'm throwing money away. I make the same payment on my GTI now, and in 2 years, I owe the bank about 6k. If I pay it off, I own the car. With the Evo, in 2 years, I will start from 0. However, I will making the same payment and driving a better car (a of people will disagree with this: )).

One of the reason for my trade in is my car has been tuned, and the clutch is a ticking bomb. 2k out of my pocket if something goes wrong. Also, I don't feel safe having the GTI after warranty expires.

Mantooth

Ready to race!
That's pretty awesome, nice pickup :D

Curious what it did to your insurance?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2022 GTI SE
Although I think it's a tempting payment, the residual is crazy high because these cars don't depreciate. The only way I'd do it is a trade, so I checked it out. The local dealer won't play ball at all (like South Coast Mitsubishi will), and an extremely base car is $34,475 here (their best deal and claimed invoice). It's Wicked White, wheel locks, and interior dress up kit which is an overpriced aluminum shift knob and e-brake handle pull. Trade in on my car was offered $21k. But the difference + tax on is still $14,600 financed. I could put about $2500 down on top of all that, but screw that, my car is paid of. $12000 on their 0% for 36 months would be a $333 payment. The extra debt is clearly why the wife won't play ball because I'm in Plac-mode trying to buy a five year newer version of the car I just traded in. Should've/would've/could've kept what I had. But my GTI is really coming along and I'm finally getting happy with it.

If any of you get an Evo X or need anything on evolutionm.net, hit me up. I've had two Xs, an VIII and a IX, so know a good deal about both platforms.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
That's pretty awesome, nice pickup :D

Curious what it did to your insurance?

Sent from my Nexus 7

An increase of $160 for 6 months.

Although I think it's a tempting payment, the residual is crazy high because these cars don't depreciate. The only way I'd do it is a trade, so I checked it out. The local dealer won't play ball at all (like South Coast Mitsubishi will), and an extremely base car is $34,475 here (their best deal and claimed invoice). It's Wicked White, wheel locks, and interior dress up kit which is an overpriced aluminum shift knob and e-brake handle pull. Trade in on my car was offered $21k. But the difference + tax on is still $14,600 financed. I could put about $2500 down on top of all that, but screw that, my car is paid of. $12000 on their 0% for 36 months would be a $333 payment. The extra debt is clearly why the wife won't play ball because I'm in Plac-mode trying to buy a five year newer version of the car I just traded in. Should've/would've/could've kept what I had. But my GTI is really coming along and I'm finally getting happy with it.

If any of you get an Evo X or need anything on evolutionm.net, hit me up. I've had two Xs, an VIII and a IX, so know a good deal about both platforms.

Thanks Noize. That's a smart financial move that you did. I will definitely hit you up once I get the car and when I'm ready to do some mods. I already promised my fiance that I won't mod this car :(. Since it's a short 2 year lease, I will probably just drop it on some coils and get some bronze rpf01 wheels and enjoy the car. Maybe Cobb AP also?

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I'm making a bad financial decision. If I keep the GTI, I will have $6000 left on my loans in 2 years. W/ the Evo, I starting from Zero. :(

Ethereal

Ready to race!

Thanks Noize. That's a smart financial move that you did. I will definitely hit you up once I get the car and when I'm ready to do some mods. I already promised my fiance that I won't mod this car :(. Since it's a short 2 year lease, I will probably just drop it on some coils and get some bronze rpf01 wheels and enjoy the car. Maybe Cobb AP also?

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I'm making a bad financial decision. If I keep the GTI, I will have $6000 left on my loans in 2 years. W/ the Evo, I starting from Zero. :(

youre renting the car in essence like you would an apartment, you have to renew the lease or move in 2 years lol, im stupid i know..

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2022 GTI SE

Are you trading in your car toward the lease and using it as your down payment? What do you owe on it right now?

PS: Don't get a Cobb AP, get an Ecuflash tune and save your stock ROM. Infinitely less expensive and lots more tuners.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Are you trading in your car toward the lease and using it as your down payment? What do you owe on it right now?

PS: Don't get a Cobb AP, get an Ecuflash tune and save your stock ROM. Infinitely less expensive and lots more tuners.

With the trade in, I have $3000 left which I put into the lease. When I went home, I found out I owe 500 less than the amount I told the dealer. I will give them another call tomorrow.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
Refundable security deposit?

Yeah right. What do you think is going to go towards reconditioning the vehicle for resale at the end of your lease?