GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Mileage Champ- Anyone over 100,000 or 200,000

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
It's tough to compare my situation to a normal person's car because I drive so many miles. I'm at 88K now on an 18 SE and I'll just be keeping it, overmainting it and rebuilding what's necessary because of all the money that I have in it.

Same. I'll be keeping this car for several more years. Money is one reason, but I also really like it.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
This is brutal...

Apples to Oranges. You cannot compare a Golf R (top trim) to a base model Golf. For this review to be fair it would either have to be both base model Golfs or both Golf Rs.

PS I like the key in the door handle better than that stupid plastic cover that’s impossible to get off without gouging your paint.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I’d say keep it and drive the wheels off it. With the year and mileage it’s probably worth 6k max if you could even find a buyer and I guarantee you there’s nothing out there for 6k you’d have that much fun with.

I have no plans to ever sell my mk7 (Also 6mt and purchased new). It’s at 90k now and if when it blows up someday I’ll just fix it or throw a used engine in it and keep enjoying the car I’ve enjoyed longer than any other daily driver I’ve owned.

+1

bucknutVW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15GTISE-MT/08CivicSI
If you like the Si so much why are you driving a GTI?
I like both for different reasons.I think because Ive gotten older and like the all around package. I use this as my company car, so the GTI is a better package. I think the writers are correct when they say the GTI is the "perfect car" good at everything.

bucknutVW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15GTISE-MT/08CivicSI
Apples to Oranges. You cannot compare a Golf R (top trim) to a base model Golf. For this review to be fair it would either have to be both base model Golfs or both Golf Rs.

PS I like the key in the door handle better than that stupid plastic cover that’s impossible to get off without gouging your paint.
Yeah I saw this video. I only have one possible problem is that he's comparing a top spec R vs a regular golf. I remember looking at a TDI when I got the GTI, the GTI was clearly the nicer car just from the inside.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I like both for different reasons.I think because Ive gotten older and like the all around package. I use this as my company car, so the GTI is a better package. I think the writers are correct when they say the GTI is the "perfect car" good at everything.

That was actually my reply to someone else.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I grew up near Toledo. Is Tony Packo's Hungarian hot dog restaurant still going strong? The TV show Mash kind of put Toledo on the map because of that place.

bucknutVW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15GTISE-MT/08CivicSI
Only you can decide if you should keep it. What problems have you had with the car, does it run good, does it burn a lot of oil? If it is in good shape and reliable why not keep it.
I actually have been pleased with the car in terms of reliability. I did replace the starter around 60 or 70 K, but there is a weird story behind that one. The AC I refilled last year but it lasted all summer and I just refilled it this past week. Now compared to my civic , the civic has never done anything odd like check engine lights, or starter issues. But the civic at 160k, I think I replaced the brake pads 2 or three times, and one of the shocks was leaking around 100K so I replaced the suspension with their HFP. The GTI has been stock except for a rear sway bar. In total I think I spent more money on the civic at this point with upkeep and maintenance.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Keep you high mileage car. You know the history. Thats a big thing in my book.

have family in T Town and was wearing my Tony Packos shirt this week.
O and of course

O H!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Just bumping this thread to see what high mileages people are at and for the OP to see where his GTI is at now

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
8627 since 05/2019