GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me get to 400whp for now, then 500whp later.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Hi Ed, I have been all over your site recently. Still piecing together the other parts I need. Let me get my motor and tranny mounts in, and decide on MPI or HPFP, and then I will be placing an order.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
No offense meant but it sounds like you're in way over your head and want bragging rights to say you have a 500 hp car without really knowing what goes into it. Get ready for a lot of broken parts since it doesn't sound like you have plans of doing the other things that go along with this like axles, mounts, brakes etc. Go drive an is38 gti, I'm guessing you'd probably be pretty happy with 380hp. 500 gets really rowdy, can't really ever use that kind of power on the street anyways. Tire spin city unless you're using slicks.

My 2 cents, good luck.

Are there upgraded beefier axles available for the mqb platform?

I'm on stock axles and not running upgraded brakes. Although I'm only at 465whp this setup has been fine with 122k+ miles on the car. I launched a shit ton of times alhough I'm on slicks when launching and have BFI stage 1 mounts. Mounts is very much recommended along with proper tire when launching but upgraded axles isn't really a thing for the MQB platform. I don't track the car or do canyon runs so stock brakes are fine for me as well.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I'm on stock axles and not running upgraded brakes. Although I'm only at 465whp this setup has been fine with 122k+ miles on the car. I launched a shit ton of times alhough I'm on slicks when launching and have BFI stage 1 mounts. Mounts is very much recommended along with proper tire when launching but upgraded axles isn't really a thing for the MQB platform. I don't track the car or do canyon runs so stock brakes are fine for me as well.

Dude your car is a trooper.You and I were one of the first one's Jon was testing shit with. My car is long gone and on to the next.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Dude your car is a trooper.You and I were one of the first one's Jon was testing shit with. My car is long gone and on to the next.

My car has taken a beating and kinda suprised its still alive. LOL.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
500whp is definitely doable on stock internals but it's borrowed time at that level, especially if you really beat on the car.
Hi Ed, I have been all over your site recently. Still piecing together the other parts I need. Let me get my motor and tranny mounts in, and decide on MPI or HPFP, and then I will be placing an order.

MPI.

You want 500+ don't waste time and money with HPFP.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Are you DSG?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie