GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

stewart07GTI

Darth
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2D
I wish I had the choice whether to get out of bed or not just to go drive! :laugh:

dglove07

Passed Driver's Ed
new guy

Hi
names dennis people call me dglove im receiving my MK6 at the beginning of march. This will be my first VW let alone euro car. I have always owned Nissans and raced a 76 240 for years and now im ready to start with this beautiful new car. I am extremely loyal to heritage so my plans for this car will be sport coil overs to get a more aggressive stance and handling not sure what brand to even look at for euro cars so any help on any parts would be great. I know that APR is the way to go for tuning so i got that under control. also wheels. I have no idea where to start. I know i want a classic European racing style wheel... i will have the new warranty on this car but my tech at the dealer says its ok to put a new DP and exhaust so that will round out my list as of right now. I a super noob to VW so any help is welcomed. cant wait to have some good convos with you guys.

Dglove

khamtran

Hi guys,

I'm from Australia and I recently picked up a Golf VI 103TDI (140 hp) with 6-speed manual and sports pack.

This is my first VW and I absolutely love it. It's such a joy to drive.

Kham

subacpw

Ready to race!
Im just now getting around to introducing my self.

My names Philip Subacz, im a student at Auburn University. Im currently out of school on medical leave battling testicular cancer. I should be "cured" by the end of this month! I just picked up my MK6 GTI on sat Jan 30.

so far because of chemo I have not been able to get any pictures, or many miles on her. but so far im glad i made the change from my 2004 "stage 2" WRX to this much nicer german engineered machine.

Carbon6

What's up? I just bought my first VW. I get it in a few days. I'm really looking forward to owning it seeing as it is my first manual. If there are any other owners that live in south Texas(RGV) hit me up.

DJohn

Hi All, my name is Darryl.
1st car was a VW Velociti 2005 1.6i (mk1) - the mk1 has been a big seller in SA until the end of last year- it has been discontinued.
2nd car was a Mazda RX8
3rd and current car is the mk6 gti which I picked up on Monday :). I let my fiance drive it for the first time today - I am still a bit attached to the car, so that was one the most tense trips I had in the car thus far LOL

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 Mk6 Golf
Heya. New to this site, I just got my first (own) VW almost 2 weeks ago, 2010 blk Golf 2dr. So far i've only had the windows tinted...once some more dough flows in I have a huge list of things to do :D

lecherousjester

Figured I'd say hi on here. My name is Steve and I'm from Central NY and I just picked up my GTI yesterday from Dorschel VW in Rochester. I traded in a 2009 Volvo C30 T5 and couldn't be happier. The C30 was a bit like a 60 year old man wearing H&M clothes - looks nice but trying way too hard to be something it's not. It feels good to have a proper upscale sporty hatch now.

I've been a manual driver my entire life but I took the plunge and went for DSG this time and I'm loving it so far. My issue with manual has always been the clutch pedal and the different feel from car to car and even in different temperatures and humidity - the DSG cures all of that while keeping the idea of being in charge of what gear you're in.

I managed to snag a 2010 Carbon Steel 2-dr with DSG + bluetooth and lower my payments from the C30 despite still having quite a bit left to pay off on it.. sup 1.9% APR, holla!

Not really considering any mods at this point aside from maybe the APR chip - I sort of trust the engineers at VW to give us as good of a product as possible, but it could use a little bit more power.

I'd post pics but I'm sure you guys have seen an Mk6 GTI before, haha.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Hey everyone! My name is Nick. I got my GTI on January 26th after test driving one a few days before. I've been browsing around on here since a few days before that. It's a Candy White 2dr w/ DSG, Interlagos, Bluetooth, & Monster mat kit. I love my car and it's still stock w/ 900 miles, but I do have some plans for it (in order):

APR Stage 1 ECU upgrade
Yellow foglights and high beams
Color-matched front lip spoiler and sidemarkers
Exhaust resonator replaced with straight pipe
APR Carbonio Intake Stages 1 & 2
HID retrofitted headlights (either TSX projectors or maybe S2K-R)
Golf R LED tinted taillights
APR RSC catback exhaust
.75"-1" drop
Upgraded swaybars
APR Intercooler
APR Stage 2 ECU upgrade

I figure by the time I get all that done I'll be nearing the end of my warranty, since I drive about 15-18k miles a year. I plan to fit a set of 18" wheels w/ summer tires in there somewhere and use my 17" Denvers (powdercoated gloss black) as a winter set. Wish me luck!

I also wanted to see if there were other MKVI owners in the Central Jersey area, so if you're out there and are interested in meeting up some time, hit me up some time... after we stop getting all this damn snow!

jmchase76

Hi guys- my name is Matt, and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world- I managed to win the first Real Racing GTI car!:D Most recently drove a 2006 Saabaru 9-2x because I couldnt get a MK5 at the time with 4 doors for a reasonable price (and there was 5k on the hood of the Saab) and I do not regret the loss of AWD or horsepower at all..... even with the snows on. Also a previous MkIII GTI VR6 owner- Black- the electrical gremlins got that one pretty good though.

I'll post a couple pics when the weather in NE Ohio turns a little bit- this snow thing is a big damper on driving fun.

Mine is very similar to the car in the Game- 4d, Black metallic, everything but Nav, Carbon trim on the mirrors, B-pillar, Hatch, and interior- different badging, embroidered headrests on the front seats, and the plaque - 1/6.

Currently running Dunlop Wintersports on 5 spoke 16's- Cannot wait to put the 18" black motorsport wheels on with the Pzeros and have some fun in a couple weeks when the weather turns.....

I know of at least one other NE ohio member- any others out there? I'm in an Akron suburb.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Hi guys- my name is Matt, and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world- I managed to win the first Real Racing GTI car!:D Most recently drove a 2006 Saabaru 9-2x because I couldnt get a MK5 at the time with 4 doors for a reasonable price (and there was 5k on the hood of the Saab) and I do not regret the loss of AWD or horsepower at all..... even with the snows on. Also a previous MkIII GTI VR6 owner- Black- the electrical gremlins got that one pretty good though.

I'll post a couple pics when the weather in NE Ohio turns a little bit- this snow thing is a big damper on driving fun.

Yea, pics are a must!

Geofux

Ready to race!
Hi, my names Geoff. I work for Norden Autohaus in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and just ordered a Tornado Red 5dr GTI w/ 18" Detroit's, cloth interior and sunroof with the 6spd manual. It's supposed to be arriving in May.. there's an anxious 3 months wait ahead :)

I'll be selling all my other cars to make way for this GTI :)

MEINE 6

Been an avid fan of the brand since I was a child...Porsche or VW was it for me. Ive driven these cars my whole life...43 now, so Ive had my share. Just sold an E46 M3, trying to recession proof my life at the moment. GTI seemed like the natural choice. Glad I did it, Ive had one from every platform with the exception of the MK5..family memeber has an MK5, so I drive it often. Have to say Im really happy with the MK6...awesome little car, and a fun drive.

Glennmax

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,
I bought a US MK6 TDI 4dr.
Love it.
I would love it more if the halogen headlights turned off when I turn the ignition off.
VAG COM here I come.