GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

bentoboxdesu

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all :)

For 10 years, I've been a die hard Honda enthusiast. For the last 3 years I've been without a vehicle because I moved to downtown Chicago. I sold my car before I moved and it's been great without the hassle.

I'm moving to Sunnyvale CA in 2 months and I'm finally looking for a new car. Despite my love for 90's Honda's, there's nothing new that Honda currently offers that would be worth buying. So I'm venturing on...

I promised myself, that my next vehicle would be my dream car (not knowing when I'd ever buy a car in the future because of Chicago). Regardless, I've had my heart set on buying the Acura NSX. After driving the NSX multiple times, I've depressingly come to the conclusion that I will probably never own one :cry: Being 6'5" 260lbs, the NSX is unbearably small. It's like buying an awesome pair of shoes...one size too small...wear them for a week and then regret the purchase.

With that said, I've been looking elsewhere to occupy my obsession. I know many people that switch from Honda/Acura to Audi/VW and never look back.

I'm extremely interested in the Nissan 370Z and just recently the VW GTI. The 370Z would be a hard purchase, being the first and only car I'll have. On the other hand, the GTI seems like a fun and practical car that would be a great purchase.

At this point, there's no convincing needed. The GTI is definitely on my potential car list. Now I need to learn everything there is to know about VW's, because it wouldn't stay stock for very long :thumbup:

Hello! I was hardcore japanese too, but quality and good buy for money was what drove me to VW. It was also the car culture that convinced me to get VW as well (VW people seem more mellow).

Be grateful that you can't fit into an NSX, at least you have a legitimate excuse. For me, its the cost. Since all parts are rare, even the simplest parts are expensive ($300 for wiper motor).

Anyway, I'm from Sunnyvale also, so if you need help moving in, shoot me a PM.

joegti420

LOVE my GTI

I'm 22 yrs old tomorrow!! Always wanted a gti but Never had even driven a Volkswagen before I got mine four months ago. After comparing with other models online, and reading die-hard testamonies from thousands of VW fans, I was sold on the 2011 GTI. Chose the dsg (happily) because of driving standards all day at work. Feels like it needs a clutch tho... However I couldn't be happier with my purchase :)
I've installed an in line converter for my amp and two 12's. Best sound ever!!!! This car loves bass. And surprisingly not to much rattle.
Also just installed a performance chip from GReddy spliced into the MAF sensor. Supposed to increase HP and MPG. Could feel an immediate difference in throttle response, power, and even sounds different (guess from the increased airflow). However haven't noticed a MPG difference as a result of keeping my foot in it :D
The website where I purchased the chip stated " this is a "no risk" installation and will in no way void your manufacturers warranty". Even tho I second-guessed this I installed the chip, which took about 5 mins and can easily be removed. Will eventually talk to dealership to confirm and see what's permitted under warranty.

Future plans for the GTI
APR stage 2, down pipe exhaust system, Black 5-star rims w/ red pinstripe, carbonio intake
That'll get me started
:icon_secta:

jessebkr87

Hello! My name is Jesse and I'm located in central Illinois. Going to order a 2-door Carbon Steel Gray 2012 GTI with Sunroof & Navigation this week. First non-GM car for me. Completely new to all the VW stuff.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Hi Dave here in Germany. Been here 3 years. Lived here before. Driving here is amazing/fun/the best!
Just purchased a 2012 GTI red/base w 6spd.
Should be arriving from the US in about a month. My first GTI but not my first Golf!
Will post pics of the new machines arrival and first drive. I have not ever driven a GTI but not worried about that aspect of it. I know its going to be good! My other ride is a 2010 Abarth 500 and a 2010 370Z in black.

Last edited:

djxib

My first GTI

Just signed the lease paperwork on a '12 GTI, Black 4-door with 6 speed. The specific one I wanted is a few weeks away so I have a loaner Jetta with DSG. I cant wait to get the car - it will be my new daily driver. I'm trading up from a 1999 Taurus SHO which was a lot of fun but at 150k miles was starting to get very old and loose.

On my test drive of the GTI demonstrator I found the stick shift throws were too long so my first mod will be a short shifter.. then I have plans for stage 2 and aftermarket stereo.

I'm concerned about warranty issues for the stage 2 mod, so will be discussing with the service manager at the dealership when I collect the car.

My weekend toy is a 92 'vette with a lot of mods, mainly a quarter mile car but also good for the occasional mountain run. To be honest the GTI feels so balanced that I'll be spoiled for choice on mountain runs, especially with the stage 2.

I hope to be a regular contributor on this forum.

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed
hi :)

GranTorino5

New to this forum from Spain

Hi, i hope this is the proper place to introduce myself.

Im a current owner of a VW Golf mk6 living in Barcelona, Spain.
I came across this forum quite a few times so i thought I might as well register here too, see if I can contribute with useful things too.

Anyways, glad to be here.

Cheers

GranTorino5

Im a current owner of a VW Golf mk6 living in Barcelona, Spain.
I came across this forum quite a few times so i thought I might as well register here too, see if I can contribute with useful things too.

Anyways, glad to be here.

Cheers

kiwipip

Hi

I'm from the other side of the world in New Zealand. It is Valentines Day here and my wife has just taken delivery of her GTi 35. So as you can appreciate I have gained some serious bonus points

InFlux1

Hello. I own a CSG 2-door 6MT GTI. I bought it as a daily and will be restraining myself from modding it. My summer fun / auto-x / track car is a 337 GTI. I also have a mk2 Wolfsburg Jetta.