GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Can you please say concrete models? And how about this one? hertz c165? Will it work normally with helix amp?
JL is too expensive but Hertz isn't?

Anyway, any 4 ohm 6.5" component setup will work. You're looking for 90 or higher sensitivity.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And one more, I need replace only front or rear need too? And how about tweaters?
I replaced front woofers first day, sounded much better, didn't think I really needed to replace tweeters, but I had them, so I went ahead and did it.

I was wrong, the factory tweeters are tinny and harsh in comparison to a good aftermarket tweeter.

The third step, I replaced the rear speakers. Made very little difference.

I would do the fronts, including tweeters first, then see how it sounds. If the rears are still an issue, fade to front a little. If still not happy, do the rears.

But I noticed very little difference replacing the rears.

HOONIGAN43

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 ST2
В первый же день я заменил передние вуферы, звук стал намного лучше, не думал, что мне действительно нужна замена твитеров, но они у меня были, так что я пошел вперед и сделал это.

Я ошибался, заводские твитеры жестяные и резкие по сравнению с хорошими твиттерами послепродажного обслуживания.

Третий этап, я заменил задние динамики. Очень мало разницы.

Я бы сначала сделал фронты, включая пищалки, а потом посмотрел, как это звучит. Если задние все еще являются проблемой, немного затухайте вперед. Если все еще не устраивает, сделайте тылы.

Но я заметил очень небольшую разницу при замене задних.
Тhank u bro.

itsjonduhh

Car(s)
2021 GTI S
Hey everyone, been rocking mine for almost two years now. Just ran into an interesting scenario...

I noticed on my morning commute (especially in the cold weather) the soundbox isn't active. Somewhere along the ride I'm feeling the increased bass and clearer soundstage.

Not certain why that is.

Today on my commute home (about 40 minutes) I noticed I was turning the volume up around 50%, which is usually way too loud for reasonable listening. There was also no sign of the sub working at all. I shut the car off while stuck in traffic to see if that would change anything but it didn't.

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

itsjonduhh

Car(s)
2021 GTI S
Edit: Learned something interesting with Spotify... I reset my storage/cache so all my audio settings were reset.

Some combination of "auto" streaming quality and volume normalization will ruin the audio experience. Little to no sub bass, overall thin and more harsh audio coming through the tweeters. Also turning the volume up past 50%... Unheard of.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I finished installing this on my car today. Waiting for my turn on the dongle to program. Even without it, it is a great improvement. I look forward to my first long drive with it.

Has anyone installed the remote control for the Helix sub? I believe Stealth installed one but was wondering if any practicality aside from comparison.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

Has anyone installed the remote control for the Helix sub? I believe Stealth installed one but was wondering if any practicality aside from comparison.

"Remote control" is the wrong term to describe the part. It is a "Demonstration" switch. The ONLY thing it's good for is showing the difference between stock and Helix. I still flip that switch for passengers from time to time. But it stays in the Helix position 99.999999% of the time, maybe even 99.9999999%. ;)

For those two don't know, the part in question is P/N: DKS051419, shown here...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And if someone is looking for one shoot me a PM. I have one, never installed, and no longer running the Helix.
What is it you're selling? The helix amp and sub?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What is it you're selling? The helix amp and sub?
I'm not selling anything. I'm not even sure I still have the Helix amp. And I sent someone on the forum my sub several months back, I wasn't using it even when I was using Helix amp.

I'm offering to ship someone the dealer demo switch if they want it. I no longer have a use for it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm not selling anything. I'm not even sure I still have the Helix amp. And I sent someone on the forum my sub several months back, I wasn't using it even when I was using Helix amp.

I'm offering to ship someone the dealer demo switch if they want it. I no longer have a use for it.
If you find the amp, I'll buy it from you.