GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Nope, it didn’t have a foam insert there. I reseated everything and made sure it was tight. Just in case, I put a piece of cardboard between the wire harness and the spare tire since it is coming in between the floor and the tire, then through a hole in the wheel up into the plug of the amp.

Re-centered the wheel and the helix as well. If it still squeaks, I’ll try putting something to cushion the plastic nut

AndroidMercury

Car(s)
2019 GTI S
For those with the dongle - does it power on instantly if you plug it into any powered Ethernet port? I bought a dongle but it doesn't turn on when I plug it into my helix (with key turned on), and it also doesn't turn on when I plug it into a PoE port on my router to test it. Tried a couple different cables. Any with a dongle able to test that out for me? Thanks

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Where can I buy a Helix subwoofer in the UK , I cant seem to find any or used for that matter ,
I can't speak to the UK but it took me a few years of on and off searching Facebook for a used one to show up near me.
You can currently buy them Volkswagen Canada (Virtual Counter) for above 800$ CAD. I believe US dealers still have them available online as well.
Check your local dealer, or make a habit of checking Facebook Marketplace on the regular.

tristanr

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I tried to adjust the subwoofer gain on the DSP and broke the knob.. by trying not to strip the head i pushed too hard and it busted open .. Now i’m praying audiotec-fischer is willing to repair or send me a replacement potentiometer. :cry: There is zero output from the sub now.

Attachments

• IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    777.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

AndroidMercury

Car(s)
2019 GTI S
It immediately powers on when plugged into the unit. It runs on the power of the device it's plugged into.
I never tried plugging it into my computer but I can try tonight.
Thanks, I can't get it to turn on through the Helix or through a computer. Think it might just be a bad unit. Real bummer since I had it shipped from Germany and it took 3 weeks.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Thanks, I can't get it to turn on through the Helix or through a computer. Think it might just be a bad unit. Real bummer since I had it shipped from Germany and it took 3 weeks.
Did you check the dongle rental thread?
They are very active so I'm sure you could get on the list. I'm in Canada so I had to buy my own, they don't pass it around across the border to keep it simple.

scaper28

I tried to adjust the subwoofer gain on the DSP and broke the knob.. by trying not to strip the head i pushed too hard and it busted open .. Now i’m praying audiotec-fischer is willing to repair or send me a replacement potentiometer. :cry: There is zero output from the sub now.
Easy to replace that part , it is only a 10k variable resistor and can be bought for under a couple of bucks .

tristanr

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Easy to replace that part , it is only a 10k variable resistor and can be bought for under a couple of bucks .
I’m gonna swing by an electronics repair shop and see if they can do anything for me.. i see some of those 10k ohm variable potentiometers on amazon that might get the system to work but none with the same orientation…but as long as it works ill be happy. Audiotec Fischer said i can ship it to them for repair but shipping quotes to germany is $130-200