GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI TCR Released OEM IS38 GTI

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Will start production before Christmas they said, and will basically be a Golf R FWD with dual radiators and looks to be upgraded brakes.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...t.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Would have been cool with wider fenders.
Not exactly like the real TCR, but still wider than stock.
Like the old MK2 Rallye.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
^How is that wider than stock?

How is what wider than stock?
Did you misread my post or am I misunderstanding you?

All I am saying is that it would have been cool if the above car had some wider fenders instead of what appears to be totally "stock" bodywork.
Not TCR race car wide but at least a little something to make it stand out.

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
Who cares really. It's not coming to North America. It sounds like less of a car than an R but probably R money or more.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
How is what wider than stock?
Did you misread my post or am I misunderstanding you?

All I am saying is that it would have been cool if the above car had some wider fenders instead of what appears to be totally "stock" bodywork.
Not TCR race car wide but at least a little something to make it stand out.
Yep guess I misread your post.

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
Meh. Not R spec power but probably R money. Bet it costs more due to super low production.
"R" motor: http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-set-preview-286-hp-golf-gti/

You're correct, however, this will be a "super low production" model, as was the Clubsport. What I find interesting, and frustrating as hell, is the original post above depicts a 2-door version of this car. That, of course, rules out our ever getting one, but the take-away from all this is the fact that VW AG could produce a ton of these cars, including 2-door versions -- just as they are knocking out 4-door Rs now -- and send them (the TCRs) our way. Everything needed to produce this car, including chassis, certified engines, DSGs, etc., are off-the shelf R components. What's missing -- indeed, the only thing missing, is the motivation on the part of VW AG to do it. And, that, sir, is the fault of VOA. It was the same with the '83 GTI. VW AG had been manufacturing GTIs in Germany for seven years before we got ours, and even then it was 20hp short of the real deal. The past is prologue.