GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI TCR Released OEM IS38 GTI

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Who cares really. It's not coming to North America. It sounds like less of a car than an R but probably R money or more.

It slots in between the GTI and R performance and price wise,. It basically a R FWD.

GTI fans usually care, no matter if it comes to NAR or not.

Jozooka

Go Kart Newbie
I just don't get it I guess. The stock GTI spins the front wheels too much already. Why make one with more power but not AWD?

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Meh. Prefer a Clubsport.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I just don't get it I guess. The stock GTI spins the front wheels too much already. Why make one with more power but not AWD?

You can always modulate the throttle in the lower gears to mitigate wheel spin.

Coming off a corner in third gear and nailing the throttle and getting all the HP you need to get the best lap - that's what the added HP is for.

I have about 390HP and with the IS38, the power delivery is more progressive than the Stage 1 tune with the IS20. It takes a little bit longer to build the HP and is easier to modulate. It's the exact reason why I went IS38 in the first place.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
What I'm most interested in is the exhaust and diffuser in the pictures

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Video of the cars at worthsee..

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/peoplessupercar?source=feed_text

& basically a Clubsport...& still the same crappy single piston front brakes & crappy disc (one side the internal vanes rotate the wrong way causing heat issues) & they claim its a road going TCR car...

er NO, the TCR car has monoblock multi piston calipers....& you fit four 4pot aluminium monobloc calipers & 338mm disc to the Audi MQB TT-S...so why not fit these to the fastest Golf ever as a straight fit?

Marketing exercise that's all these cars are...another missed opportunity to create a proper road going track car...feckwits...

Last edited:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
already stated not coming to the US/NAR. Will be produced before Christmas.

Not so fast, Turbo....

After rumors that it wouldn’t make it to North America, we’re stoked to see Volkswagen of America talking about this car. But the company will need to keep it a healthy distance away from the Golf R’s price tag if it wants it to be a success. The base and Sport GTI still feel like a good value but the top-trim Golf GTI Autobahn’s $35,000 MSRP is really hard to rationalize when the all-wheel-drive R is just a few grand more.

Volkswagen referred to the TCR as the “new top GTI,” which leaves us thinking it could begin above the Autobahn’s starting price. That slightly worrisome. However, if VW manage to leave the model’s specs as claimed, a race between the Golf R and (presumably lighter) front-drive GTI TCR could be close enough to warrant closer pricing. We should know more as the model approaches production.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/05/286-horsepower-vw-golf-gti-tcr-almost-ready-production/

BronxBomber

Ready to race!

It only spins with shitty tires. Get some real rubber and the car hooks. Also once tuned, you have advanced traction control on Cobb for example that is customizable, so wheelspin is not much of an issue. Now if you go with a bigger turbo and a lot more torque, then yes, there’s only so much you can do with FWD, but again there are ways to mitigate it. There are plenty of high HP/TQ FWD cars running around and people find ways to make it hook up. Start with some good tires and you’ll be surprised how many better the car behaves