GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI life cylce

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I don't know about you guys, but 2-3 yrs ago I almost never saw stock gti's. All were slammed or loud with BOV's. Now all I see are stock looking ones. I'm talking stock ride height stock everywhere. Do most people mod for a year or two, then de-mod?

I know people only like buying stockish gti's, but personally I'd like to know the damage that has been done.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Yeah, this is interesting. I also havent seen many modded ones around me. I like to think mine is tastefully modded, and maybe Im just not seeing the more subtle mods on others' cars.

But the fact remains that I haven't seen many extremely loud GTI's in a while.

Like Diggs said, sometimes subtlety is best, and maybe the people buying GTI's are becoming more and more mature

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Might just be your area as I barely see any MK7's anymore in my area. When I had my car and driving it, MK7's were everywhere. Now that it's been sitting in the damn shop for 7 fucking months, no more MK7's driving around.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Walk softly, carry a big stick.
I mean true, but they also are never down to play. 🥲 I personally would never buy a used GTI.. ever. My motto is don't buy a used racecar unless you got used racecar fix money. An R or S3 I would probably buy used with heavy scrutiny.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Down here in the Houston area, the community is large enough to where most folks de-mod to appear stock to the dealer (so they can get max trade in value) and sell the mods separately. Usually someone posts up on FB group and like 20 of us show up and we strip the mods and have a stock looking car in literally minutes, depending on how inclusive. Usually its wheels, suspension, engine bay goodies, and bolt on cosmetics. Most leave upgraded turbo and tune, but flash an OEM file so that the car drives stockish to the dealer and they don't know the difference.

I saw a stock red badge GTI 2017 like mine yesterday, in OEM black and I had to look twice because it seemed odd to see one out in the wild with not even a set of wheels on it.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Lowered cars look great but after owning one I will never again own a lowered car. I love being able to drive fast and not having to worry about bottoming out my car on inclines and road imperfections. Maybe I'm not the only one?
EMD springs for about 45k miles here. Stock dampers started to feel clapped out, so I went to Koni Special Active and back to stock height. Night and day difference and I don't go boom over bridge transitions anymore. It looks like a mini Tiguan, but whatever.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I see more modded mk7's in my area than I do stock ones. Jax = jacksonville florida? Old people generally arent too into hatchback tuning