GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got in a wreck on a Monday - Will it be totaled (19 R) ?

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, C63S AMG
...I'd love to pick up another R, but as others have mentioned, hard to find them right now.

Correct, they are hard to find and even when you do, they get snatched up pretty quickly. Ask me how I know.

Another thing to consider is and Audi S3. Believe it or not, they appear to be in the same price range as a used R!!! So now, it becomes a question of whether you want a sedan body or a hatchback. Same engine.

Lastly...about those wheels....

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Another thing to consider is and Audi S3. Believe it or not, they appear to be in the same price range as a used R!!! So now, it becomes a question of whether you want a sedan body or a hatchback. Same engine.

Though the S3 looses rear seat headroom and has a relatively tiny trunk due to the differential which an A3 doesn't need to deal with. I'm 5' 11" and my head is right up to the ceiling liner in the back seat of an S3. Those two things make it not nearly as practical as the R.

FactoryR

Ready to race!
Correct, they are hard to find and even when you do, they get snatched up pretty quickly. Ask me how I know.

Lastly...about those wheels....

I think the rs3 is something I would consider. Not a fan of mk8 styling, but will wait to see when its officially released. If I can get a used rs3 for 5k more than a new R. I may go that route.