GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a bad turbo? Let's track the issue...

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
About 3/4s through the vid I can see the whole shaft/impeller moving with some wiggle play... that’s def not good to run and spin a full speed as it’s going to chew up some bits any second.

I you run it yet?

Edit: it’s wiggling at 0:20 to 0:23 in the vid
its been on the car since october, it was sent off the the turbo manufacturer in feb, it was fine then, didnt touch the housing in any circumstance.

after i noticed it doing this i went out and gave the car a thrashing and its not pooped itself but concerned still.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's time for you to go above them my man. Your next immediate step should be VW of America with a full explanation + dates of this stuff happening. If that doesn't gain traction, get a lawyer. Actually, just go ahead and get a lawyer since they are threatening you with a lien, fuck these guys and their social-engineering op. They want you to give up, don't. As soon as the authority is above them, they'll bend over. They know any reasonable judge will castrate them for behaving this way.

Lol, so they are having you pay for the repairs, and then they crashed into your bumper. Just ask for a new car. I hate being litigious but I would be thinking of getting a lawyer involved.

Dude hasn't been on the forum in over 18 months, and looks like he sold the car when he got it back. Not that I blame him at that point.

I certainly hope he used that story and video to get all the repairs covered. I'm sure local news would have loved to air that clip, and double VW would have wanted that to happen. There's accidents, and accidents happen. But that is just straight up negligence.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Dude hasn't been on the forum in over 18 months, and looks like he sold the car when he got it back. Not that I blame him at that point.

I certainly hope he used that story and video to get all the repairs covered. I'm sure local news would have loved to air that clip, and double VW would have wanted that to happen. There's accidents, and accidents happen. But that is just straight up negligence.
Hah, sometimes I'm guilty of hunting for things to reply to while on break. Thanks for pointing that out... I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing left a bad taste in his mouth and he dumped VW altogether.