GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf VCDS for drl and low beam

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
So I've been looking everywhere for coding to do the following:

I'd like the DRL/parking lamp off while low beam headlights are on.

I've disablled DRL but they will come on with parking lights on as well as low beams

I'm using Ross-tech cable

The only coding I find is for row mk7's for led/drl, nothing specific to this

Thanks!

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
You have to change the bulb setting in VCDS. I believe you want to change these channels to not active. You also want to set the brightness(Dimmerwert?) to 0(I think it's 27 originally). I changed them to work as high beams and send the brightness to 100.

(12)-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion E 4)
(12)-Leuchte5TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion E 5)

Those are the ones listed for a skoda, you may have to click through a couple channels, but look for ones set as "Daytime Running Lights". I'll double check the Mk7 channels tomorrow when I disable them on my wagon tomorrow.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Mrc5z: Hmm...... no reason why this DRL/Parking light behavior shouldn't work on your NAR mk7. But the instructions depend on what type of headlight fittings are on your car (HID, or incandescent), and how many DRL/Low-beam lights on each side

Don

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
It's the base golf, halogen bulbs.

I looked at the dimmwert channels, they were already at 0, unless I'm
Missing one.

It'd be cool if the turn indicators acted as the parking lamp

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
It's the base golf, halogen bulbs.

I looked at the dimmwert channels, they were already at 0, unless I'm
Missing one.

try this :
Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion E 4 and Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5 > only if the current setting is Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht) > change to Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)

if you implement this change, in addition to the normal DRL function, the DRLs should not light-up with the low beams, but they will light-up when the rotary light switch is on the "parking light" position (i.e. the 3rd position from the LHS)

It'd be cool if the turn indicators acted as the parking lamp

Unfortunately, you have to combat the natural rules of electricity if this change is made and if you have incandescent turn-signal lights.

With the turn-signal, the electrical current flows for only 50% of the time that they operate. This happens because of the "duty cycle" of the function: because the lamp switches ON/OFF.

The duty cycle means that the turn signal infrastructure in the car only needs a capacity that is 25% of the capacity of a lamp that is illuminated for 100 % of the time (i.e the formula for wattage is I^2R - so 50% less current (I) results in 25% less watts)

On a mk7, the lamp holder for the front turn signal lamps is not rated for 100% operation.

So, if you run these lamps as parking lights, you run the risk that you will over-heat the lamp base (for incandescent lamps).

Don

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
try this :
Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion E 4 and Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5 > only if the current setting is Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht) > change to Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)

if you implement this change, in addition to the normal DRL function, the DRLs should not light-up with the low beams, but they will light-up when the rotary light switch is on the "parking light" position (i.e. the 3rd position from the LHS)

Don

Don, thanks that was it! Except for the passenger side it was Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion E 5

Thanks!!

apamodio

Don, thanks that was it! Except for the passenger side it was Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion E 5

Thanks!!

I have tried everything and almost gave up but this finally worked! everything else (putting option in menu screen, etc.) turned the DRLs off. but since they were set to go on whenever headlights automatically went, if i went under an overpass or something dark, the error would pop up. Now, unless i switch it to that parked setting (3rd one) i can leave my headlights in auto without an error. thank you! drove with that error sign for a year LOL