GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R7.5 Highline reverse view camera retrofit.

Matt.K

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R 2017 mk7.5
Does anybody have problems with opening the trunck or is my device defect ?

I'm no expert and my terminology may be incorrect - but my understanding is that the highline camera is controlled by the canbus wires, this includes the boot release, are these connected correctly?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So have you 'got' to go through the process of this calibration to get rid of the errors?

I'm assuming it can't be bypassed and coded out?

I'm only asking this because my camera looks perfectly calibrated to me 🤷🏻
Yes, you do.

It cannot be bypassed.

It's not perfectly calibrated - the lines cannot be trusted, although I consider them "good enough" as a guide.

jurucavw

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI
Make sure it's coded correctly as it won't release if you don't code it.

I think its coded nearly good only this message 'no basic setting' is generating a problem.

Does anybody know how to get ride of this message ?

I already read the hole internet for coding this camera, but this error i can not find a solution....

jurucavw

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI
Can somebody who dont have this calibration problem post a screen copy of the basic settings so i can enter them in my module 6C.

Thanks in advance!

Or do i really have to visit my vw garage to solve this problem :cry:

Matt.K

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R 2017 mk7.5
Can somebody who dont have this calibration problem post a screen copy of the basic settings so i can enter them in my module 6C.

Thanks in advance!

Or do i really have to visit my vw garage to solve this problem :cry:

Hey @jurucavw, have you read the whole of this thread. I still have errors but my camera and boot latch work OK.

I haven't changed anything from the info given throughout the thread so I think all the info is there somewhere.

This camera retrofit is crying out for a comprehensive set of installation and coding instructions - I'd like to try and do that but I've not got the time or expertise🤔

jurucavw

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI
Hey @jurucavw, have you read the whole of this thread. I still have errors but my camera and boot latch work OK.

I haven't changed anything from the info given throughout the thread so I think all the info is there somewhere.

This camera retrofit is crying out for a comprehensive set of installation and coding instructions - I'd like to try and do that but I've not got the time or expertise🤔
I have read many threads about this camera installation including this one.

I wonder does this basic setting thing has anyting to do with my not working boot latch ? or is there some other coding missing ?

Who can tell me ?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I have read many threads about this camera installation including this one.

I wonder does this basic setting thing has anyting to do with my not working boot latch ? or is there some other coding missing ?
Allow me to repeat what I said earlier on. No one has been able to calibrate this camera and subsequently remove the fault code.

The fault is not related to your inability to open the hatch.

What coding have you applied?

Matt.K

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R 2017 mk7.5
All the wiring and coding I've done with the help of @Fraysa are included in this thread.

Mine works OK, have you done the same as me or have you done anything differently?

jurucavw

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI
Allow me to repeat what I said earlier on. No one has been able to calibrate this camera and subsequently remove the fault code.

The fault is not related to your inability to open the hatch.

What coding have you applied?
I added all coding like in this thread but then still the camera was not working.

Somebody in this thread posted the longcoding content of his 6C module.
This coding i added to my 6C module longcoding and then i had the rear view on my display when put in reverse.

How else to get the longcoding in the 6C ?