GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R now on the US Volkswagen Site!

MKV Aaron2

40k for a loaded DSG 4dr R with DCC is a great value IMO. Keep in mind, a 2013 4dr with the package (nav/sunroof/audio/kessy) was $37,1XX Add in DSG and DCC at about 1500 a pop, and the pricing seems to line up to me...

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
40k for a loaded DSG 4dr R with DCC is a great value IMO. Keep in mind, a 2013 4dr with the package (nav/sunroof/audio/kessy) was $37,1XX Add in DSG and DCC at about 1500 a pop, and the pricing seems to line up to me...

i was anticipating something like $36-37 base price (price of a manual w/o dcc, etc), and expecting to add a few grand on for dsg and dcc, which would come out to $39-40k. obviously the extra for dsg is included in the base price of the initial release due to manual coming along later.

everything seems pretty inline with what i was expecting. so far i've really lucked out in that the car that's available at launch will be exactly what i was wanting and would spec out given the choice - so i'm a happy camper :)

MKV Aaron2

i was anticipating something like $36-37 base price (price of a manual w/o dcc, etc), and expecting to add a few grand on for dsg and dcc, which would come out to $39-40k. obviously the extra for dsg is included in the base price of the initial release due to manual coming along later.

everything seems pretty inline with what i was expecting. so far i've really lucked out in that the car that's available at launch will be exactly what i was wanting and would spec out given the choice - so i'm a happy camper :)

Yep, I agree. Its actually a touch cheaper than I expected a loaded one to be, assuming the 40k leak is real. I expected 42k to be top line loaded, and base to be about 36 flat.

I'd wait for a manual, but would get every other option, in fantasy land. I'm keeping my 6R for the long haul.

manchild

I hope that is the base model they are showing on the VW site. That car doesn't have a sunroof! I can't live without a hole in the roof of my VW. I was planning on going fully loaded with a $42K budget. I hope they bundle the sunroof with the audio package for another $1200 or that sweet 8" infotainment screen and heated seats for $2300ish.

TDIGZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I hope that is the base model they are showing on the VW site. That car doesn't have a sunroof! I can't live without a hole in the roof of my VW. I was planning on going fully loaded with a $42K budget. I hope they bundle the sunroof with the audio package for another $1200 or that sweet 8" infotainment screen and heated seats for $2300ish.

100% on board for both options if they offer them...

...but I imagine that's a lot to ask for. Doesn't seem like UK or south Africa (based on pics I have seen - plz correct me if I am wrong) has the 8" screen.

I know we can't have everything (LED, etc...), but I will spend 99% of my time INSIDE the car and would prefer to have that fully loaded.

sage149

Ready to race!
I would gladly do 18" wheels instead of 19's and substitute a sunroof. I am not holding out much hope there will be too many options available at first, considering the amount of our UK friends still waiting on their orders. Production line only has so much capacity.

GTITX1

Ready to race!
Glad I didn't wait for the R now. I got my S3 Daytona launch Edition that has mag ride, led lighting , 19" wheels , mmi navigation, etc for just a touch over 45k. Unfortunately I doubt vw dealers will deal like Audi will. Also the Audi has a better warranty in the us and a better overall dealership experience . just saying, looks like these cars ultimately will only be within a couple grand of each other loaded.

brosevelt

Ready to race!
100% on board for both options if they offer them...

...but I imagine that's a lot to ask for. Doesn't seem like UK or south Africa (based on pics I have seen - plz correct me if I am wrong) has the 8" screen.

I know we can't have everything (LED, etc...), but I will spend 99% of my time INSIDE the car and would prefer to have that fully loaded.

If heated seats aren't standard on a 39K Golf R, I'd be extremely disappointed...

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
If heated seats aren't standard on a 39K Golf R, I'd be extremely disappointed...

Pretty sure you can see seat heater buttons the first picture the slideshow, at least based on the ones my wife's mk7 gti se (it's right beside the "72 F" in the pic).

manchild

I would take 18s too, in fact I'm probably going to trade the 19s for 18inch anniversary edition wheels. Or just by a set of anniversary edition wheels.

Optical TDI

Wouldn't it be funny if DSG will always be included in the base R and the manual is a no cost option? I do believe this has been done before with other car manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I don't believe this site link from VW was intended for public release.

Everything I'm reading on other sites regarding the MKVII Golf R...
No MPI from many sources and the LED taillights are still ago for the USA according to Gillies at VWOA I asked him that specific question.

Some of you are worse than woman. Stop speculating and wait for the OFFICIAL word from VW once it's truly released.
I can understand concern and many are getting way out of hand.

Rumors and Propoganda... oy vey!

Read here for interesting feedback from knowledgable VW people (Aaron and Jamie):

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7069649-vw-com-updated

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
They updated the site within a day to prominently proclaim the Car Of The Year win and you don't think the site is for public release?