GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I don't have long coding under my central unit? Only adaptation.
tigeo: It doesn't matter if your BCM has a zero long-code-string. The front windscreen wiper (and the rain light sensor) is what VCDS calls a "slave module" to the BCM - which simply means that instead of reporting to the CAN bus, these modules communicate directly with the BCM (which then processes the module messages before sending selected messages to the CAN bus).

Slave modules are not infrequent on MQB build platform vehicles (like the mk7) - they use what's called LIN (Local Interconnect Network) protocol which is a special type of OBD comms that has a single wire connection (instead of 2 x wires as per CAN protocols). LIN networks are much simpler and cheaper than CAN - but they have a slower speed, which is not a problem for these type of devices.

Anyhow, to get access to WWS (slave) module - go to the long coding screen for the "master module" (which is the BCM in this instance) and click on the down arrow, then follow the steps below:

Don

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
tigeo: It doesn't matter if your BCM has a zero long-code-string. The front windscreen wiper (and the rain light sensor) is what VCDS calls a "slave module" to the BCM - which simply means that instead of reporting to the CAN bus, these modules communicate directly with the BCM (which then processes the module messages before sending selected messages to the CAN bus).

Slave modules are not infrequent on MQB build platform vehicles (like the mk7) - they use what's called LIN (Local Interconnect Network) protocol which is a special type of OBD comms that has a single wire connection (instead of 2 x wires as per CAN protocols). LIN networks are much simpler and cheaper than CAN - but they have a slower speed, which is not a problem for these type of devices.

Anyhow, to get access to WWS (slave) module - go to the long coding screen and click on the down arrow and follow the steps below:

Don
I use OBDELEVEN and there simply isn't a way that I see to access this.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I use OBDELEVEN and there simply isn't a way that I see to access this.
tigeo: no, not entirely true- there is indeed a simple way to access "this" using OBD11

The reason that I explained the VCDS access method is because this happens to be a VCDS thread (at least I think that it is a VCDS thread from the title name)

But it can also be done with OBD11 in the same way except that instead of calling LIN modules "Slave modules" as in VCDS - OBD11 calls LIN modules Subsystems.

So, you first need to select the Subsystems option from the "master" module (which in this case is the Central Electrics module in OBD11 speak) - then follow the rest of the steps below:

Don

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
No subsystems is available on mine.

Screenshot_20200624-061817_OBDeleven.jpg

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Is there anyway to slow down the rear wiper?

I find it seems to wipe too often most of the time.
ATR: try changing the adaptation channel below in the BCM. The factory setting is 5 sec - try a larger time to increase the wait time

IDE02711-ENG116694-Rear Window Wiper-Komofortwischen Heck Intervallpausenzeit Stufe Automatik

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ATR

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
No subsystems is available on mine.
And there is also no long coding option in your device! Is your OBD11 device a Pro model?

boostnonu

Go Kart Newbie
Okay I’m sorry if this has been discussed before in this thread or another, feels like the right place to ask this question Does anyone else have issues with there front wipers? Not every time but more often than not when I turn off the car the wipers jumps up about 2 inches. And when I get back in to go somewhere either backing up or going forward about 30-50 feet it will pop back down. I have a 2019 if it matters. Thanks for any help guys.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
And there is also no long coding option in your device! Is your OBD11 device a Pro model?
That's what I have been saying - there is no way to do this on my '18 GSW using OBDEleven and that should mean it would be the same with VCDS. VCDS/OBDEleven should be basically interchangeable w/r to these mods.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Okay I’m sorry if this has been discussed before in this thread or another, feels like the right place to ask this question Does anyone else have issues with there front wipers? Not every time but more often than not when I turn off the car the wipers jumps up about 2 inches. And when I get back in to go somewhere either backing up or going forward about 30-50 feet it will pop back down. I have a 2019 if it matters. Thanks for any help guys.
By-design - it's so they don't sit in the same place all the time/between uses - to help with the wiper's longevity!

Reactions: ATR

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
May I have a question? Does anybody figured how to modify the Push to talk button on MF steering wheel as it could serve as Mute?

It was possible on previous model if I remember correctly. I really miss such button and as I don’t have voice command, the button is useless.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
ATR: try changing the adaptation channel below in the BCM. The factory setting is 5 sec - try a larger time to increase the wait time

IDE02711-ENG116694-Rear Window Wiper-Komofortwischen Heck Intervallpausenzeit Stufe Automatik
I'll give that a try and follow up 😎👍

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
May I have a question? Does anybody figured how to modify the Push to talk button on MF steering wheel as it could serve as Mute?

It was possible on previous model if I remember correctly. I really miss such button and as I don’t have voice command, the button is useless.
In case you didn't already know you can use that button for Android auto and carplay for voice commands. Press and hold for something like 2 seconds.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

Don, don't you have an older MK7? I believe yours predates the change made to the Central Electrics module sometime around 2016. There is no long coding to be found anywhere in this module for my 2017 MK7 . My OBDeleven pro does not show there being subsystems for this module, either.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
In case you didn't already know you can use that button for Android auto and carplay for voice commands. Press and hold for something like 2 seconds.
Thanks, I also do not have Android auto due to multiple reasons. When pressing the button a dialog on infotaiment will apper, together with some default sound (yes, any sound from radio is muted for some time) but when pressing again, music or whatever won't be resumed and just another annoying advertasing window will pop up. So that's why I'm looking for better solution.

Don, don't you have an older MK7? I believe yours predates the change made to the Central Electrics module sometime around 2016. There is no long coding to be found anywhere in this module for my 2017 MK7 . My OBDeleven pro does not show there being subsystems for this module, either.

I have MY 2018 and I can see two other slave modules with available long coding plus the BCM without coding. I'm using VCDS.