GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

SI0M6GBJ1

I enabled the stop lamps to go on altogether with the inner lights (the ones in the tailgate) and it works:

Final effect: https://youtu.be/FlVpzbtxplU (btw. blinking effect is just a regular PWM working on 27% interfering with the FPS ratio of my camera, not visible when looking at it)

The only problem that I have is that I cannot adjust the brightness of these inner rear lights to work 100% when braking or less when running on normal lights. On another thread I found information that it could be done using "(10)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 27" set value to '100'
but if you do it this way, then even when you turn on normal lights, you got it 100% bright, so as hard as when stop lights go off. Not cool, so I left the default brightness settings here.

BTW. one cool mod is to use the 3 LEDs from rear lamp as rear DRLs (in EU/MEA) we do not have rear DRLs enabled when driving. Having only 3 LEDs turned on is awesome!

Those guys are responsible for those edge LEDs:
(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2' from 26 to 100
(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3' from 26 to 100

I would make some more pics, but while playing with it the battery died and my wife was pissed on me because we needed to jump start the car in the morning ;) I'll summarize mods and make some pics soon.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
This is the full coding for the 5 brake light mod.

09 (Central Electronics)
Security Access - 31347
Adaptation Channels
(8) -Leuchte27 NSL RC6 -Lichtfunktion C27" > "Brake light on", Set
(10) - Leuchte27 NSL RC6 - Dimming CD27" > "100", Set

SI0M6GBJ1

This is the full coding for the 5 brake light mod.

09 (Central Electronics)
Security Access - 31347
Adaptation Channels
(8) -Leuchte27 NSL RC6 -Lichtfunktion C27" > "Brake light on", Set
(10) - Leuchte27 NSL RC6 - Dimming CD27" > "100", Set

I know, I mentioned it above... my only concern is that in my case this results in the inner lights running 100% brightness at all times... If this mod alone would cause the inner lamps to get to 100% while breaking while keeping 30% while under normal operation, it would be OK. But it does not work this way...

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What I did for my non-LED tails, and I don't know if the same will work for the LEDs, is to compare the default outer tail settings to the default inner tail settings. Where there are differences, apply the outer tail settings to the corresponding inner tail settings. Basically ensures that the inner tail functions exactly as the outer tail functions.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
http://www.mytreg.com/index.php?/topic/63034-disabling-start-stop-with-vcds/

Very interesting reading I found on another forum , my question would be does this work on a Golf ?

I am new to vdcs and not sure what I'm doing with it yet !

And I found this as well

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/start-stop-automatic-ssa/start-stop-automatic-memory-modul-ssam-modul

Pete: The mk7 Golf is built on a MQB platform and it uses UDL control modules (to manage the Start Stop function SS). This means that the method in your first URL won't work on a mk7.

However, there are other ways of disabling SS as detailed HERE.

Also, you could try the physical device in your second URL, but 89 Euro seems a bit pricey to me. If you want to go the physical device route - I suggest building one of these HERE. It will probably cost no more than $40 AUD

Don

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
On my GTI sport when I was coding it last night with the latest edition of VCDS and a MicroCan cable. [emoji14]

It was the only adaptation with the correct options.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
I know that much silly :p

I meant what exactly is the adaptation channel called?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I know that much silly :p

I meant what exactly is the adaptation channel called?

Expanded electronic differential lock