GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I liked the later refreshed iterations of them but I definitely like the newest 7 much more. Far less busy and cleaner/crisp design.

However, I have quite a soft spot for the E60/E61 design even though not a lot people like them.

The E60/E61 looks great too, especially for the time. My next door neighbor has one. Again, it seems like all the BMW's of this time are completely hit or miss. Some love the designs and marvel over them, while others hate them. The Z4 is another example. I feel that the E65-E68 era has aged quite well too. I just love the bold design. For the time (early 2000's), that BMW must of been ahead of its time. I also like the newer 7-Series (F01-F02 I think).

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I love the e60, but unfortunately they seem to be hideously unreliable. I like the e82s as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I love the e60, but unfortunately they seem to be hideously unreliable. I like the e82s as well

My next door neighbor's '05 545i has been in the shop so much. He loves the car, but there's always something wrong with the electrical systems. As for the e82's, I've always loved them. The North American 1-Series is a nice small car. Was very close to getting one over the VW, but too expensive. :D

jnj2455

Ready to race!
The now current head of mech engineering and one of my closer professors/ project advisor I had at school drove a E60 545i 6MT/ V8 and it performed flawlessly for him.

He even tossed me the keys one afternoon and said, go for it.:D

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
The now current head of mech engineering and one of my closer professors/ project advisor I had at school drove a E60 545i 6MT/ V8 and it performed flawlessly for him.

He even tossed me the keys one afternoon and said, go for it.:D

That's beyond awesome that he let you take it for a spin! How was it?

jnj2455

Ready to race!
That's beyond awesome that he let you take it for a spin! How was it?

It honestly felt a little vague/boat like when I drove it because ya know, it's a bigger car than my GTI which was i used to. But I didn't hoon it around as much as I would've liked. The V8 was very torquey tho.

That man had every power in the world to fail me out of engineering school and killing any dream I had of graduating that spring so I did NOT feel like wrecking his car.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
My next door neighbor's '05 545i has been in the shop so much. He loves the car, but there's always something wrong with the electrical systems. As for the e82's, I've always loved them. The North American 1-Series is a nice small car. Was very close to getting one over the VW, but too expensive. :D

Gosh that sounds familiar

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
Did an oil change on the M235 yesterday, the whole bottom of the car is covered in a fuzzy barrier, what a pain in the ass to put on jack stands.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the 3.6L Penastar is an awesome engine. Had a rental Grand Caravan with one, and I was definitely surprised. Had quite a nice sound too.

Aren't you too young to rent a car?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Aren't you too young to rent a car?

Okay, let me rephrase. Always picking at me here. :D

On a vacation out west, we had a Dodge Grand Caravan for a rental car, since we were with my cousins. I drove it a few times. :D

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
It honestly felt a little vague/boat like when I drove it because ya know, it's a bigger car than my GTI which was i used to. But I didn't hoon it around as much as I would've liked. The V8 was very torquey tho.

That man had every power in the world to fail me out of engineering school and killing any dream I had of graduating that spring so I did NOT feel like wrecking his car.

That must of been stressful. Definitely a smart idea not to hoon it. It's a big car too. Since driving my GTI, everything feels big now. :)

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
It's actually meant to break during clearance issues as opposed to solid plastic that's attached to more integral parts of the car.

In reality, it's an excuse to charge BMW owners a ton of cash when the fucking felt withers away or falls off.

Status
Not open for further replies.