GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Isn't that very easily preventable? Get a rust free car... and apply a strong undercoat protectant.

Some of it, but the boxed section at the front next to the catalytic converter rusts from the inside out apparently.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Wow, these rust issues are terrible.

Jap trucks. Rofl.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Generally well built. But even the current gen have problems with frames rusting, to the point they're being condemned. Less widespread than the 2001-2004 or whatever. From what I have gathered, the frames are supplied by Dana, and they haven't made many, if any, changes to the corrosion protection.

WOW on those rust pics. I was under the impression that rust through of that magnitude was a thing of the past. Come out of California and bring one back, man. Like Max said, with some underdercoating.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Jesus Christ I wouldn't want to be standing under that thing on a lift supported by the frame rails that's for damn sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Jesus Christ I wouldn't want to be standing under that thing on a lift supported by the frame rails that's for damn sure.

No, not at all. :yikes:

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Wow, these rust issues are terrible.

Jap trucks. Rofl.

Yeah. The only reason I'm considering a Taco or Frontier is because Ford doesn't offer the Ranger anymore so they're becoming rare, and the old Colorado was a piece.

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
:lol:

Wow, I'm only buying a Tacoma from the south if I do.

Been leaning more toward a Ram 1500, 4.7 V8 5-speed.

The old Rams rusted something AWFUL. Not that you care, but staying to a southern truck is key.

Yeah. The only reason I'm considering a Taco or Frontier is because Ford doesn't offer the Ranger anymore so they're becoming rare, and the old Colorado was a piece.

Have you driven one? I really don't think they're that bad.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
truck nuts.

would you do it :iono:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
You're in SACtown with a 2014 4 runner. You don't have to worry about this until 2054

Good call. Crisis averted. Max genius.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
The old Rams rusted something AWFUL. Not that you care, but staying to a southern truck is key.

Have you driven one? I really don't think they're that bad.

To be fair I have not. They don't really appeal to me style wise. That and a handful of co workers had them and didn't recommend I even look at them. Maybe I should give a Colorado a shot doe. A test drive can't hurt.

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
It's worth driving. The interior us meh, and they styling is so so, but its a truck and you could get them with the 5.3. Overall, I like the drive for what it is, and I think the size is perfect. It's really not as bad as people have made it out to be.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
^ I actually like the Colorado to drive. It's small enough to be somewhat nimble and easy to deal with but large enough to haul serious stuff. We used to have them as delivery vehicles when they first came out, they were much better than our rangers and s10s. Also they drift pretty well, but I wouldn't know anything about that :D

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
^ I actually like the Colorado to drive. It's small enough to be somewhat nimble and easy to deal with but large enough to haul serious stuff. We used to have them as delivery vehicles when they first came out, they were much better than our rangers and s10s. Also they drift pretty well, but I wouldn't know anything about that :D

Trucks, especially 4WD, are maximum hoonage vehicles. Big engine with lots of power, RWD, very little weight over the rear axle unloaded = lots off un.

Status
Not open for further replies.