Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
My current toys:

thumbnail_IMG_5083.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5085.jpg

Black car is my '03 RSX Base 5speed. I'm working on gutting majority of the car and to do a K24 swap on it and will soon be on the race track!

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Sup folks? Its been a while since I've posted in this forum. Mostly because I have moved on from my GTI (to an Allroad). I recently finished my garage, so I thought I would circle back and show you all. What I did: new lights, fans, finished drywall, trim, sprayed the ceiling black, added motogp art.

Before:
View attachment 256387View attachment 256388

After:
View attachment 256389View attachment 256390

Here is a couple shots of the Allroad. Tuned, lowered, rims/tires, brakes, intake.
View attachment 256392View attachment 256394

I still have more plans for the garage. Next year or two I will get the floor done in epoxy. In a year or two after that, I'll replace the garage doors. They aren't too bad now, but are showing their 25 year age.
Nice garage and toys! I’ve really been wanting to get my garage in order to show my wife’s AR next to the golf. Sold my 600rr recently so I guess that won’t make the pictures :(

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
**somehow my previous post got deleted... here it is again**

Sup folks? Its been a while since I've posted in this forum. Mostly because I have moved on from my GTI (to an Allroad). I recently finished my garage, so I thought I would circle back and show you all. What I did: new lights, fans, finished drywall, trim, sprayed the ceiling black, added motogp art.

Before:
unfinishedgarage.jpg

unfinishedgarage1.jpg

After:
finishedgarage1.jpg

finishedgarage2.jpg
finishedgarage.jpg

Here is a couple shots of the Allroad. Tuned, lowered, rims/tires, brakes, intake.
smoothroad8.jpgSmoothroad.jpg

I still have more plans for the garage. Next year or two I will get the floor done in epoxy. In a year or two after that, I'll replace the garage doors. They aren't too bad now, but are showing their 25 year age.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Excuse the mess, but just recently hung (24) 4ft LEDs (Barrina 4ft 5k LEDs from Amazon). It's awesome not having any real shadows where you're working. I also had some electrical run for my wife's EV charger and tire machines.

Next order of business is a new shed to get the lawn care BS out of the garage.

101581EF-114E-48B8-B67D-21D45381497A.jpeg

17526B9B-41AD-4C7C-AE08-00A159B58A67.jpeg

B83AC172-9896-4CB1-9C1A-F8E56D27119D.jpeg

99B45B8E-F9B7-4167-85E2-B5481A28E777.jpeg

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
**somehow my previous post got deleted... here it is again**

Before:
View attachment 256552
View attachment 256553

After:
View attachment 256555
View attachment 256556
View attachment 256554

View attachment 256557View attachment 256558

I wanted to ask about the AR. Beautiful, btw! I lust after my wife’s car and often dream of an engine swap to match the look of it. I guess I wonder how far you’ll go with performance mods? I’ve thought a lot about suspension, brakes, and power, but it’s still a 3900 lb car and I guess I don’t think it’d ever be a canyon carver or appropriate for the track, so that’s where I always end up. I think it could be a better gt car but never more than that. Do you have plans to take it further than it is now, performance-wise?

Also, here’s a gratuitous picture of my wife’s car. I love this mf. I do loathe the immense turbo lag but it’s a great car nonetheless.

1660336789001.jpeg

I made a pretty penny on this 600rr after having it for nearly a year. I love bikes but was collecting track gear again and I knew I had to stop before I picked up that costly habit again. I do miss the amazing performance, but I’m old enough to know that I don’t need that risk/ cost in my life anymore. I’ll buy a scooter one of these years when I get bored.

1660337060998.jpeg

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I wanted to ask about the AR. Beautiful, btw! I lust after my wife’s car and often dream of an engine swap to match the look of it. I guess I wonder how far you’ll go with performance mods? I’ve thought a lot about suspension, brakes, and power, but it’s still a 3900 lb car and I guess I don’t think it’d ever be a canyon carver or appropriate for the track, so that’s where I always end up. I think it could be a better gt car but never more than that. Do you have plans to take it further than it is now, performance-wise?

Also, here’s a gratuitous picture of my wife’s car. I love this mf. I do loathe the immense turbo lag but it’s a great car nonetheless.

I made a pretty penny on this 600rr after having it for nearly a year. I love bikes but was collecting track gear again and I knew I had to stop before I picked up that costly habit again. I do miss the amazing performance, but I’m old enough to know that I don’t need that risk/ cost in my life anymore. I’ll buy a scooter one of these years when I get bored.
I like your wife's AR. The rotary rims are a really nice OEM option! Gotta love black sport wagons!

As for my AR - For now I have tuned it as far as I'll take it until it's warranty is up (2026). Now it has 034 springs and rear sway bar. JB4 piggyback. CTS intake. Superspeed 19" wheels. Trunk lip spoiler. That's about it. With the JB4 it should be good for 300whp and 320wtq. I've clocked it at 4.9 sec 0 to 60, and 13.5 sec in the 1/4 mile.

When the warranty is up, I'll probably do a catted downpipe, intercooler and a stage 2 tune. Then it should be good for 340whp and 400 wtq. I'd bet it would do 12s in the 1/4.

Honestly, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the car! It is a bit of a tank, but it handles much better with the lowering springs and the rear sway bar. You can really chuck it into the corners now and it stays composed. On stock AR suspension it was wallowy and would float around through the corners quite a bit. It is a night and day difference, and I think the rear sway bar helped a lot with its composure.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
So I had what I hope turns out to be a good idea. My garage doors are insulated, but have big windows across them and a western exposure, and it gets HOT in there in the afternoon. I bought some reflective window tint on Amazon to see if makes a difference. Will report back with photos when it's done, hopefully later today.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
So I had what I hope turns out to be a good idea. My garage doors are insulated, but have big windows across them and a western exposure, and it gets HOT in there in the afternoon. I bought some reflective window tint on Amazon to see if makes a difference. Will report back with photos when it's done, hopefully later today.

If that fails or turns out to not be very effective - We've used Gila Platinum Sun Control on my wife's office windows and it makes an incredible difference in heat into the room. Can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes (I forget which we got it from).

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Install was super easy; cut the roll to length, then apply with soapy water and trim the excess. Getting all the bubbles out was the most time consuming part. Huge difference in how much light comes in, but won't be in the sun until this afternoon, so we'll see if it helps.
PXL_20220905_114738915.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Install was super easy; cut the roll to length, then apply with soapy water and trim the excess. Getting all the bubbles out was the most time consuming part. Huge difference in how much light comes in, but won't be in the sun until this afternoon, so we'll see if it helps.
View attachment 259970

If you don’t mind me asking, how much was that door? That’s exactly what I’d like to replace the south facing contractor grade POS on our house with.

Having a insulated door would be nice, plus ours is a bit bent since the kids lowered it slightly and the wife backed our suburban out (hooked the roof rack on it).

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
If you don’t mind me asking, how much was that door? That’s exactly what I’d like to replace the south facing contractor grade POS on our house with.

Having a insulated door would be nice, plus ours is a bit bent since the kids lowered it slightly and the wife backed our suburban out (hooked the roof rack on it).
The house came with it, so I don't know the price (our builder used pretty decent fixtures and materials). I'll see if I can find a brand and model number for you though.

Edit: @GTI Jake no model number, but I did find the manufacturer - https://www.wayne-dalton.com/

Last edited: