GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Only a small update for whats in the garage. Still kind of a pigstie, we just cant seem to keep all the non-car crap out of the garage no matter how hard i try.
View attachment 268045
This is exactly my problem, too much clutter. My garage is in a sad state of complete disaster currently. I need a shed to put all this crap in.
20221214_160011.jpg
20221214_160023.jpg
20221214_160040.jpg
20221214_160138.jpg

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
This is exactly my problem, too much clutter. My garage is in a sad state of complete disaster currently. I need a shed to put all this crap in.

A decent wall mounted racking and shelving system might help you there a bit.....looks like you have a good amount of wall space. Although I admit its hard to rack mowers :)

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
A decent wall mounted racking and shelving system might help you there a bit.....looks like you have a good amount of wall space. Although I admit its hard to rack mowers :)

+1

2x4s and plywood to build in some shelves capable of some more weight maybe, and take them higher up the wall?

Maybe a M18 mower to go along with the other Milwaukee gear—it folds up and stands.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
gorgeous car! the silver mk7 was always one of the greats!

trolling aside, dammit everyone here seems to have epoxy coated their garage except me and that makes me jealous.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
gorgeous car! the silver mk7 was always one of the greats!

trolling aside, dammit everyone here seems to have epoxy coated their garage except me and that makes me jealous.
It's hard to work up the motivation after your garage is filled with stuff. Mine is probably only done because I did it before I moved in. With an empty garage, it's like 2hr a day for 2 days to get it done. When I had to clean it a garage to do it, it was like 3, 10hr days.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Mine is probably only done because I did it before I moved in. With an empty garage, it's like 2hr a day for 2 days to get it done. When I had to clean it a garage to do it, it was like 3, 10hr days.

Same here....my current garage in my post above, I did the epoxy right before I moved in. A previous garage I did the whole checkered tile thing, as per below. I think those tiles look good, and if you don't have time to deep clean dirty concrete and wait for paint to to dry, can be done very quickly. But, in terms of having an actual 'working' garage I personally think the epoxy is a bit better (if done right). My jack could get slightly hung up on the rubberized patterned tiles below (I'll get smooth ones if I ever go the same route again), and over time tires leave marks on them you can't get up also (although it would be easy enough to just swap out the affected tiles).

1671390406314.png

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Same here....my current garage in my post above, I did the epoxy right before I moved in. A previous garage I did the whole checkered tile thing, as per below. I think those tiles look good, and if you don't have time to deep clean dirty concrete and wait for paint to to dry, can be done very quickly. But, in terms of having an actual 'working' garage I personally think the epoxy is a bit better (if done right). My jack could get slightly hung up on the rubberized patterned tiles below (I'll get smooth ones if I ever go the same route again), and over time tires leave marks on them you can't get up also (although it would be easy enough to just swap out the affected tiles).

View attachment 268341

Link to the tiles you used? Might be a good alternative for our attached garage since all we do is park there.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Yeah..... It's not a cheap option (it wasn't quite so bad 6yrs ago when I did mine) and as I say, if you are doing actual work on your cars including dragging jacks around, hoisting engines etc im not sure its the perfect solution come the end of the day. I do however think the smooth variants of that tile (not available when I did mine) would be a lot better though.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
So epoxy is actually better for tooling around in the a garage?