GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Finally got around to replacing my garage door springs.

1000005083.jpg

I'd say they were overdue.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
So I Installed swisstrax tiles this weekend. I wanted epoxy originally, but I kept reading horror stories of even professional jobs failing. I dreaded the thought of spending so much money just to have the coating fail within a few years. These Swisstrax have their pros and cons, but I think they fulfill my needs, and I think they look pretty good.

1000014002.jpg
1000014006.jpg
1000014019.jpg
1000014020.jpg
1000014024.jpg
1000014021.jpg

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
That looks great. Assuming you did it yourself based on your post, I'm curious to know how long it took you.
I'm still trying to decide what I want to do for the floor.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks great.

I contemplated something like that, but it would probably seriously impede moving my Quickjacks around. But I really need something, my floor is old stained concrete ☹️

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
That looks great. Assuming you did it yourself based on your post, I'm curious to know how long it took you.
I'm still trying to decide what I want to do for the floor.
It took about 5 hours start to finish. (Including clearing out, sweeping, and replacing everything) Super easy! You need just the most basic of saw/measuring skills.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Looks great.

I contemplated something like that, but it would probably seriously impede moving my Quickjacks around. But I really need something, my floor is old stained concrete ☹️
So far, everything seems to roll pretty fine on the tiles. Swisstrax does make a flat ribbed tile to allow for things to roll perfectly.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
So I Installed swisstrax tiles this weekend. I wanted epoxy originally, but I kept reading horror stories of even professional jobs failing. I dreaded the thought of spending so much money just to have the coating fail within a few years. These Swisstrax have their pros and cons, but I think they fulfill my needs, and I think they look pretty good.

View attachment 301004View attachment 301005View attachment 301006View attachment 301007View attachment 301008View attachment 301009
Love your garage, I'm gonna go home and drink a beer now to see if my single car garage will expand into what yours is.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Huge garage with high ceilings!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Huge garage with high ceilings!
Lol the garage is not really overly large. It is about 21 wide x 30 deep. So pretty standard width, but did add a little extra depth for a work bench and additional storage up there at the front wall next to the steps.

Jealous of that height.
Higher than I expected! I honestly could have left off a row or three of block!
Decided to have the whole thing drywalled to give it a more finished look.
I've never had a clean and finished looking garage. So my goal was (is) to make it just feel like another room in the house, much like @cbr600rr
That is why I'm still sort of up in the air on what to do with the floors. Right now I'm leaning toward the Swisstrax, or just a polished concrete.