'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Taking shape...literally!

bgbg.jpg
thth.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
No MK7 in the picture (because that ones actually reliable) but we finished up painting the floors and reorganizing. Super lucky to share this space with some good friends for our automotive endeavors.
View attachment 299307
What year is that Rabbitt? 82?

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
Those seats look to be surprisingly bolstered for the era. I feel like everything I remember was park bench flat.
It helps they aren't folded over after all these years, but the GTI was still heavily bolstered for the time. More so then the 911.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Fun fact...or just pictures from about 15 years ago. Here is my MK6 back when it was new and then my old B7 A4 with a buddies VR6 MK4 GTI, parked in front of the old garage that used to be there.
This was the house I grew up in, and then lived there off and on through my mid 20's.

Ha, cool!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Would love to find a clean all original MK1 Rabbit with the round headlights, like my first car. They are quite scarce these days. I did see one about a year ago on BaT, but I wasn't in a position where I could move on it.

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Anybody have a QuickJack?
i have a Quickjack. It is great if you have limited space. And it really does get the car up high. My old 3 ton jack stands cannot reach the sub-frame when the Quickjack is at max height. i can recline sideways up on my elbow under the car to get my head up to see things like the VAQ fill plug up above the exhaust.
From my experience it isn't as quick to setup as i've seen people claim in other forums. But it isn't hard to setup. i obsess over getting it lined up under the jack points though. My garage floor is slightly concave due to a center drain which spooks me greatly. That said, the car feels solid up on it.
i do find the frames a bit unwieldly. (cough) My man-arms aren't what they used to be.
i highly recommend getting the Rotary lift blocks. i picked up the 3" and the 1.5" blocks. They actually fit the slots on the frames compared to the blocks that come with the Quickjack.
Did i mention the frames being a bit unwieldly? This picture from the box is the complete opposite of my experience.
quickjack-02.jpg

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
i have a Quickjack. It is great if you have limited space. And it really does get the car up high. My old 3 ton jack stands cannot reach the sub-frame when the Quickjack is at max height. i can recline sideways up on my elbow under the car to get my head up to see things like the VAQ fill plug up above the exhaust.
From my experience it isn't as quick to setup as i've seen people claim in other forums. But it isn't hard to setup. i obsess over getting it lined up under the jack points though. My garage floor is slightly concave due to a center drain which spooks me greatly. That said, the car feels solid up on it.
i do find the frames a bit unwieldly. (cough) My man-arms aren't what they used to be.
i highly recommend getting the Rotary lift blocks. i picked up the 3" and the 1.5" blocks. They actually fit the slots on the frames compared to the blocks that come with the Quickjack.
Did i mention the frames being a bit unwieldly? This picture from the box is the complete opposite of my experience.
View attachment 299428

I actually have a decent amount of space (~750 sq ft) it's the configuration of the garage that isn't conducive to an actual lift. I'd probably obsess about jack points too lol.

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
I actually have a decent amount of space (~750 sq ft) it's the configuration of the garage that isn't conducive to an actual lift. I'd probably obsess about jack points too lol.
If you have plenty of space then it's all the easier to set up then!
i've only had the Quickjack for about a year but have used it over a dozen times already. i stressed over the purchase for quite a while before finally going for it. It has turned out to be one of those purchases with zero regret. So far at least.