GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Clubsport S Muffler! (SF Bay Area)

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
SOLD

Practically brand new CSS muffler. No more than 400 miles. Sad but true after waiting SO long to get it. It sounds and looks great and I know why so many people like it, but it's a bit too loud for me so I'm going back to stock. Guess I'm not an exhaust guy after all.

Note, per the pics I had it welded on due to a fitment issue between the stock resonator pipe and the CSS inlet pipe. (This is absolutely isn't why I'm selling it! It fits perfectly since the sleeve was welded on.) You could either keep the sleeve (getting it cut off from the resonator pipe side) or use the clamp.

I have an appointment to have it removed on 5/19 so it will be available after then. If you are interested in coming out to the east bay you are more than welcome to hear it in person before purchasing. It just needs to be before the 19th. :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I guess less is indeed more. ;) Sorry it didn't work out for you. If I were local, this would already be sold. Good luck buddy! I don't expect it'll take too long.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Are you going back to stock, or another system?

Back to stock. This has confirmed that I'm just not cut out for exhaust sound / volume changes..."it's not you, it's me" certainly applies here.

It really isn't THAT loud as you know, but I'm hyper sensitive to this kind of stuff and just decided that although I can't hear really anything from inside the cabin with the stock exhaust, that's the way I guess I prefer it.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Back to stock. This has confirmed that I'm just not cut out for exhaust sound / volume changes..."it's not you, it's me" certainly applies here.

It really isn't THAT loud as you know, but I'm hyper sensitive to this kind of stuff and just decided that although I can't hear really anything from inside the cabin with the stock exhaust, that's the way I guess I prefer it.

Even with the soundaktor turned off, it's still a bit loud. I can live with it but I totally understand your decision. Anything louder and I'd lose my mind lol!

Good luck with sale!

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I'm interested. Since I bought your Uni IC, might as well take this too.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
There might not be enough room for the oem clamp if you get rid of sleeve and wish to connect that way. The inlet starts to bend a bit and the oem clamp is big.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
There might not be enough room for the oem clamp if you get rid of sleeve and wish to connect that way. The inlet starts to bend a bit and the oem clamp is big.

Right. There is an inch to the right before the bend. I am going to have it cut on the resonator side and if it were me, I would have the muffler with the sleeve welded onto the next car. The angle of the muffler inlet pipe didn't line up directly with my resonator pipe which is why I needed the sleeve vs the clamp which skewed things once tightened. I don't know if it's my car or the muffler inlet pipe. This is all documented in the latest CSS thread.

I am supplying the clamp simply as a possible option as I won't need it anymore.

Edit: here's a picture to help for reference:

Last edited: