GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From my GTI to a new Q5.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I'm actually fairly serious about the GLI, that thing has a remarkably large back seat. Go check one out, you will be surprised.

That being said, how does a kid not fit in a GTI? I grew up as one of 2 kids that fit just fine in a bloody 2-door Chevette :lol:

kharma

Ready to race!
One kid doesn't warrant a Q5, but I can see a 2-door being a bitch. Plenty of room for rear and front facing seats in an A3 which has less headroom than a GTI. That being said I'll be keeping my eye on CPOd SQ5s in preparation for #2. XC60 also on the short list. I am not a fan of sedans generally, but after several A6 loaners I could see myself in one. So fuggin' nice w/ the 3.0.

miami90

Ready to race!
The GTI has more space than most cars I've seen people buy FOR families...why all the hatchback discrimination?

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
Couldn't work out a good deal with Audi...they were just trying to rip me off with the trade in and wouldn't budge on price. I miss my old Ram1500 that I traded in for the GTI so I just went to Dodge to check out the Durango and the Ram. Durango had lots of space and luxuries but just couldn't see my self in that thing. Checked out the Rams they had and fell in love with this one. Dodge really stepped their game up. I was really scared I was gonna miss the GTI (which I do), but after driving the Ram home I felt a sense of relief of not having to race every sports car that pulls up to me, and I won't ever get revved out by others anymore. I still have my Audi A4 though so I'm still in the VAG scene.
GTI I traded in along with a friends S4 in the background.

IMG_0816 by Kurupt Hawaiian, on Flickr

RAM 1500 by Kurupt Hawaiian, on Flickr

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Can't beat a Honda CR-V for an SUV as long as power isn't an issue.

...or styling.....or comfort..........LOL ;)

Recently grabbed a new Q5 TDI Prestige to replace the Jetta with something with AWD, absolutely love it. 428ft/lbs of torque, it hauls, can churn out 35+MPG highway and handles great. No it's not a GTI, but it's way better than most other SUVs, it will carve up mountain roads that is for sure.