GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From my GTI to a new Q5.

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
What do you all think of this trade? Has anyone gone this route yet? Biggest thing I would miss about the GTI is the speed and acceleration. The Q5 is so nice and luxurious it's a hard bargain. Thinking about this trade really hard.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
The Q5 is a fantastic car. It is definitely not the GTI though, you'll definitely give up some handling going to a crossover vehicle like the Q5. Why are you thinking about making the switch? Need more room for some reason?

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
I have driven the new tdi q5 a good amount. Definitly a great car. Perfect steering ratio and feels very solid. For the money id say its a great car all around. It has the good powertrain with the subtle german finish. It doesnt scream flashy but you know how good of a car it is when you drive it.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I've driven my friend's Q5 2.0T and I got to say its pretty good. except i dont like the steering feel. My friend do complain tho, with 2.0T it doesnt have enough power on highway.

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
I'm not worried about the power, I had my fun with the k04. I need more space because we are expecting... but when I really look at the Q5 it has more leg room and headspace, but it's still pretty small. Q7 is out of my price range too. So I'm kind of stuck right now. I have been looking at other SUV's but overall I'm not sure.

GTIBex

Ready to race!
Can't beat a Honda CR-V for an SUV as long as power isn't an issue. I have had mine for 8 years and odo just turned 100,000 miles. I haven't had a single thing go wrong. I even bought it used. Holds me, my wife, and two kids with no issue.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think Randum from Chicago on here as both a GTI and a Q5.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I have a GTI and a Tiguan, which I know isn't a Q5 (Golf platform vs A4). I've looked at the Q5's and they're nice. Bigger interior space than the Tiguan for sure.

I find the Tiguan and my GTI drive very similar, however, the Tiguan is really let down by not having a DSG in my opinion. With that said, the Q5 is bigger, so you can expect there to be a sacrifice in driving feel. The Q5's perform really nice, but its a bigger car of course.

The Q5 will be a total step up in fit/finish, but will also be a set up in cost of ownership. I've read the Q5 is less reliable than the Tiguan, which is a bad thing. My Tiguan has a bit over 34K km's and I've just had to replace two injectors due to carbon.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
My mothers q5 blew up at 60k miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened there?

Dad's GF has a 2011 Q5 2.0... with 40k miles It needs new brakes all around, my TDI is at 90%... same year and miles... Goes to show you SUV vs econobox and driving style differences.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
The Q5 is an awesome car. My mom has the Q5 2.0T and I'd say with stage 2 it would be a really hard choice to have one of those or a GTI because of DAT QUATTRO. Seriously though, its amazing at snow drifting. The 2.0 stock has 50 more lb ft than the GTI and it has a pretty smooth 8 speed auto so it can get up and go if you want it to. But it is pretty heavy and the steering isn't great. Overall I'd say do it!

Andrewg98

Passed Driver's Ed
What happened there?

Dad's GF has a 2011 Q5 2.0... with 40k miles It needs new brakes all around, my TDI is at 90%... same year and miles... Goes to show you SUV vs econobox and driving style differences.

It's an 2011 3.2L
Long story short dealer had to warranty engine due to it's "loss of power" so brand new engine! We luckily had the extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk