GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First time pulled over...some questions.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
What I found interesting was that for most crimes black people were more likely to be suspected than arrested, whites were less likely to be suspected than arrested, and hispanics were much less likely to be suspected than arrested... also Asians mind their own damn business better than any other race.

Apparently we are not suspicious enough of those hispanics :lol:

A little late to respond to this, but I also found that interesting. I also looked at charging statistics after we talked about this, and I also took a look at some sentencing statistics, and man, black people get the shaft. Hard. It breaks my heart. It's a shame I don't get to see the outcome of many of the felony cases I make arrests on, as most of them take a plea, but I would love to see the aggravating or mitigating circumstances that decide who gets what as punishment.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Man I can't believe some of y'all are complaining about a $100 to $200 speeding ticket... here in CA you're looking at a minimum price of $350, if you're lucky that is... court fees and all that other BS, a simple speeding ticket ends up costing you over $450.00

pancakes

Passed Driver's Ed
Have to go to court today. Do you think the food is good in jail? Haha.

I haven't read the whole thread, but if they have a drivers ed class, you can take it and avoid points. I believe points cost more than the fine (in the long run) when your insurance company finds out.

FWIW, I've been told ALWAYS go to court, and ALWAYS file a formal request for all evidence to be used against you during the trial prior to the date. If you don't get all requested documents in time (data on officer's training, speed gun data, etc), you can argue lack of due-process.

Speed cameras don't enforce shit. Yes they get some people, who then ignore it and won't admit guilt so the fine means nothing because unless you're served there is no way to prove you even received the citation.

On top of that we have a few around here and I slow down for the camera and speed back up right after it.

The issue I have with speed cameras is how the companies that make them get kick backs for tickets they issue. If that isn't an egregious conflict of interest, I don't know what is. When I lived in CA, I got a letter in the mail from the company (in Arizona) that made the camera, trying to get me to admit guilt. Apparently CA wouldn't ticket me because they couldn't identify the driver... well that means fewer kick-backs for the company, so they had the audacity to send a letter mocked up to look like it came from the police department, asking me to sign it (admitting guilt) and forward it to the police department.

In NM they shortened yellow lights and changed the timing of the traffic slip-stream at intersections with the cameras (effectively making them MORE dangerous). They don't care about safety, it's all about that cash-flow.

Last edited:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
When you get to jail and are in the cell it can help if you just ask, "Who's fucking my ass first?" to get it over with.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
When you get to jail and are in the cell it can help if you just ask, "Who's fucking my ass first?" to get it over with.
I'm in jail right now. They let me browse this website though.

For reals though, they reduced it to a "blocking an intersection" violation. It's typically 2 points, but they don't transfer to New Jersey. Ended up just paying $100 fine and $93 court fee. Not bad!

pancakes

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in jail right now. They let me browse this website though.

For reals though, they reduced it to a "blocking an intersection" violation. It's typically 2 points, but they don't transfer to New Jersey. Ended up just paying $100 fine and $93 court fee. Not bad!

"don't transfer"??? If your insurance company can see it (pretty sure they can), you will get fucked. I'd look into it if I were you.