GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First look at the MIB II Infotainment system

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Not sure about the MY2016 though, you might have a point there.

If that is the case, that would be awesome! I find the media in wire too thick and because of this the compartment where it is housed doesnt close. I closed it once and it got stuck :/

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice talal but I prefer to have the Media-in input there instead of the usb/aux. I love the fact that I have a dedicated USB port to charge in the arm rest instead.

This way I don't need to give up my music if I need to charge my phone haha. (First world problems)

The screen looks good though, I saw one at the service center on a Golf R. Doesn't look a lot bigger but it is definitely wider.

Also did you do a special order for the Dynaudio / DCC or does Kuwait offer the package?

It Was a special order for both the Dynaudio and the DCC. Here in Kuwait only the R gets the DCC as standard and I'm told by our dealer that they're going to start spec-ing the R with Dynaudio as standard in upcoming shipments
my GTI was still in "transport mode" so the infotainment wasn't functional and i couldn't give it a test but one thing i noticed is that the USB port was a tight fit even for my small hands!

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
It Was a special order for both the Dynaudio and the DCC. Here in Kuwait only the R gets the DCC as standard and I'm told by our dealer that they're going to start spec-ing the R with Dynaudio as standard in upcoming shipments
my GTI was still in "transport mode" so the infotainment wasn't functional and i couldn't give it a test but one thing i noticed is that the USB port was a tight fit even for my small hands!

Ahh okay, Would have loved to spec those on the car if I could. If only VW middle east knew what to do...

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Mine gets crazy dusty :( I carry a static charged microfiber in the car just for this.

Ever thought about wrapping or changing the panel itself? It's on my bucket list of things I want to do, there's a guy in UK who would do it all Door strips x2 ; Dash strip ; Centre dash surround + ashtray and gear surround;
Speedo surround trim for 700 pounds. But yeah that will have to wait for Atleast a year. Hopefully will find a cheaper version in Dubai by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!

The kuwait dealer seems flexible, the Dubai ones don't even let me see the car.

Now I know why all the golfs in Dubai have only DSG, cause all the sticks are up the dealers arse.

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
The kuwait dealer seems flexible, the Dubai ones don't even let me see the car.

Now I know why all the golfs in Dubai have only DSG, cause all the sticks are up the dealers arse.

They said it was sort of a policy for special orders that the customer looks at the car before registering it

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Talal, nice!!! I assume you ordered the dcc and dynaudio and the MIB2 is now standard k. 2016.

Did you happen to look at what tired you had? I heard they replaced Bridgestone with conti's in the middle.

Just confirmed, it does have the Bridgestones :)

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Ever thought about wrapping or changing the panel itself? It's on my bucket list of things I want to do, there's a guy in UK who would do it all Door strips x2 ; Dash strip ; Centre dash surround + ashtray and gear surround;
Speedo surround trim for 700 pounds. But yeah that will have to wait for Atleast a year. Hopefully will find a cheaper version in Dubai by then.

You can do it here, I know people who have done it. Ranging from Aed 400 to Aed 2000 depending on where you go. The guys put a carbon fiber wrap.

I saw it in person and hated it, looked tacky.

Last edited:

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
i've had two gtis so far, both came with bridgestones from the factory and both sucked.

Really noisy especially after a couple months of using them, they spin like mad and the life isn't that good. On top of that you feel every imperfection on the road.

I just changed mine to Michelin pilot sport 3 about 2-3 months ago, its still noisy due to the tread pattern but the grip is on a different level and barely any wear in over 5000kms :D

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
From the factory you can get many different tyres for the GTI

The 3 i've seen:

Dunlop Sport Maxx Gt

Continental Sport contact 2 (now replaced with Sport Contact 5)

Bridgestone potenza s001

mihirmm

From the factory you can get many different tyres for the GTI

The 3 i've seen:

Dunlop Sport Maxx Gt

Continental Sport contact 2 (now replaced with Sport Contact 5)

Bridgestone potenza s001

Is there a significant difference between Pilot Sport 3s and Super Sports? I'm running stock Pirelli PZeros at the moment, got to change it up in the next couple months.