GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First look at the MIB II Infotainment system

mkygod

Ready to race!

Metfan08

Ready to race!
Pretty for sure, but it looks like the entire dash is touch, including the headlight controls. And no volume knob makes me sad.

If it were me, I would only do touchscreens for the infotainment system and keep mechanical controls for system functions like AC/heating and lights.

I agree. We test drove the Peugeot 307 alongside the Mk7 Golf and were impressed with the advance in quality since the previous model. The drive was greatly improved on the previous model as was the interior quality. However, like the Golf Touch concept, everything is controlled through the touchscreen and I just didn't like it.

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
Just confirmed that my GTI has MiB2, dynaudio and DCC
I was able to look at the car. It still needs pdi, but I did see the options on my actual car

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Hey Talal, nice!!! I assume you ordered the dcc and dynaudio and the MIB2 is now standard k. 2016.

Did you happen to look at what tired you had? I heard they replaced Bridgestone with conti's in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
Noo.. I did wonder about it when I left them.. I'll try to check tomorrow..
I'll try to confirm my build week

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
here are some pics for the MIB 2 screen and USB port

DSC00062cr.JPG

DSC00063_cr.jpg

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Nice talal but I prefer to have the Media-in input there instead of the usb/aux. I love the fact that I have a dedicated USB port to charge in the arm rest instead.

This way I don't need to give up my music if I need to charge my phone haha. (First world problems)

The screen looks good though, I saw one at the service center on a Golf R. Doesn't look a lot bigger but it is definitely wider.

Also did you do a special order for the Dynaudio / DCC or does Kuwait offer the package?

Last edited:

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
I like the gti dash trim better than the piano black on the R. But looks like they both gather dust easily, more visible on the R cause of the gloss black finish I guess.

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Nice talal but I prefer to have the Media-in input there instead of the usb/aux. I love the fact that I have a dedicated USB port to charge in the arm rest instead.

This way I don't need to give up my music if I need to charge my phone haha.

The screen looks good though, I saw one at the service center on a Golf R. Doesn't look a lot bigger but it is definitely wider.

I thought there was a second usb in the arm rest on the MY16???