GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally going is38!!!!!!!!

Perry01

Ready to race!
It wont be that bad only after 1-2 WOT runs

An upgraded intercooler is needed at stage 2 levels. IS38 and stock IC is ludicrous.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I ran a stock ic with my IS38 for a week prior to installing the Wagner. After 1 hard pull say from 0-100 my IAT's were flaming hot. :D

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

ML1234

Ready to race!
I ran a stock ic with my IS38 for a week prior to installing the Wagner. After 1 hard pull say from 0-100 my IAT's were flaming hot. :D

Thank you I wanted a response from someone that has an actual experience with is38 and stock intercooler. I appreciate it. Where do you live and was it humid while you were running your car like this? I know its stupid I am just on a timer. I have one day off a week to do it and the car cannot stay over night. So i just wanted to see if I can still at least drive the car like this. I will be doing an intercooler a week from when i get the is38 done. If i was to do the intercooler it would need to stay an extra day.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thank you I wanted a response from someone that has an actual experience with is38 and stock intercooler. I appreciate it. Where do you live and was it humid while you were running your car like this? I know its stupid I am just on a timer. I have one day off a week to do it and the car cannot stay over night. So i just wanted to see if I can still at least drive the car like this. I will be doing an intercooler a week from when i get the is38 done. If i was to do the intercooler it would need to stay an extra day.

It'll be just fine on stock IC for daily driving, just know you are leaving power on the table if you go hooning around, especially if it is warm out.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

I'm from Southern California. It gets hot here at times.
This was my first WOT pull I experienced with the IS38 91 octane file and stock IC + E30 blend. The IAT were 100-118F in 75F ambient temperature. The car felt slower top end especially towards 3rd redline and in 4th gear. Its been a day and night difference after installing the wagner ic and w/m.

http://datazap.me/u/mk7gtl/mk7-gti-is38?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-5-6-10-12

https://youtu.be/UTACYAYc_PA

ML1234

Ready to race!
I'm from Southern California. It gets hot here at times.
This was my first WOT pull I experienced with the IS38 91 octane file and stock IC + E30 blend. The IAT were 100-118F in 75F ambient temperature. The car felt slower top end especially towards 3rd redline and in 4th gear. Its been a day and night difference after installing the wagner ic and w/m.

http://datazap.me/u/mk7gtl/mk7-gti-is38?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-5-6-10-12

https://youtu.be/UTACYAYc_PA

Yea i will be Wot maybe a handful of times before I go back to get the intercooler. Am i hurting anything going WOT with stock intercooler. I want to have some fun for the week. and maybe race some people. :D:D:D

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Yea i will be Wot maybe a handful of times before I go back to get the intercooler. Am i hurting anything going WOT with stock intercooler. I want to have some fun for the week. and maybe race some people. :D:D:D

No, but you're probably just working the turbo more then it should. Run a decent intake on it and not the stock air box with a drop in filter lol

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I don't know what tune you are running, but some "require" the intercooler for the tune to be flashed.

That means the car will probably be running more psi then intended with the stock intercooler (more pressure drop vs a replacement IC). If the tune is designed with the aftermarket intercooler, that could be a concern.

Will probably be fine for a bit, but I wouldn't be giving it to much pedal till you had everything sorted properly.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
pretty sure heat soak from air not being cooled enough by the intercooler can cause detonation.