GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
What is the "adjustable" 1.5 file i see mentioned in a few posts? Does it work similar to a Jb4 setting boost targets over a baseline 1.5 map or?
It's a base 1.5 map with sliders for boost and octane. Allows you to up them a bit. Octane modifies the timing characteristics and boost does the obvious. In my experience, boost might still be called lower than the sliders will allow. On my is38, I wss capped to 25, with them set to 28.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
What’s the going rate for a Maestro Tune? Thinking about jumping ship cause I’m so tired of the lack of communication and waiting game with you know who.:mad:
Stand a message to wy2sl0. Let him know what you are looking to do.

alper

Ready to race!
It's a base 1.5 map with sliders for boost and octane. Allows you to up them a bit. Octane modifies the timing characteristics and boost does the obvious. In my experience, boost might still be called lower than the sliders will allow. On my is38, I wss capped to 25, with them set to 28.

That sounds great! AFAIK the rest of off-the-shelf tunes form the big names don't offer any adjustment for octane (like if you were to run E30) which is something I was looking for. Think I will be jumping ship to ED pretty soon.

PS. Disregard if it's too OT but what's the difference between the ED maps and ED Maestro option? More customizable files (as in more parameters to edit than the 1.5 Adjustable files?)

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Stand a message to wy2sl0. Let him know what you are looking to do.

He reached out. Thanks.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
That sounds great! AFAIK the rest of off-the-shelf tunes form the big names don't offer any adjustment for octane (like if you were to run E30) which is something I was looking for. Think I will be jumping ship to ED pretty soon.

PS. Disregard if it's too OT but what's the difference between the ED maps and ED Maestro option? More customizable files (as in more parameters to edit than the 1.5 Adjustable files?)

Maestro allows adjustment of pretty much everything. No real limits to what you can do. Big turbo, secondary injectors, e85, etc. (if you have supporting mods) (fuel pumps, etc). It will also allow you to go far enough to throw a rod or overspin a turbo, so IMHO it should be left to those with experience. I am pretty sure the adjustable file will not allow too much adjustment in a super-dangerous way.

alper

Ready to race!
Maestro allows adjustment of pretty much everything. No real limits to what you can do. Big turbo, secondary injectors, e85, etc. (if you have supporting mods) (fuel pumps, etc). It will also allow you to go far enough to throw a rod or overspin a turbo, so IMHO it should be left to those with experience. I am pretty sure the adjustable file will not allow too much adjustment in a super-dangerous way.

Ok so it's more like an actual tuner's suite than a product for normal end-users. The adjustable should offer all the flexibility I need.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
In my opinion, yes. I don't consider myself proficient enough in adjusting the maestro settings by myself. Some folks do though.

I haven't tuned in software since my 2001 focus with a mustang maf, t3t04e, and 42# injectors. So I've done it, just not ready to "learn" on this platform.

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
I went back to stage 1 TCU as stage 2 requires redline to be raised above 7k which is ok for big turbos but something I am not ready to do for stock turbos.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I went back to stage 1 TCU as stage 2 requires redline to be raised above 7k which is ok for big turbos but something I am not ready to do for stock turbos.

I don't think it requires anything. You can set the redline in Maestro for your ECU to 6000rpm and I believe it will shift there regardless of TCU tune.

Plus it's not bad for the IS20 to spin the motor to 7k, its only bad if you're still trying to push 20 psi there. With a taper down to 15 psi at 7k, no harm should occur. Of course it's not efficient for making power to wind it out that high either.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
when i recieved my email from chris to tell me that the stg2 dsg file was available for my car the email specifically said the rev limiter should be set ABOVE 7000rpm .

on a side note i am not sure why anybody w/o a big turbo would want/need the stg2 dsg file.

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
The main motivator to use stage 2 TCU was initially due to pushing high torque with a custom stage 2 ECU using e85 but ED said stage 1 TCU will be able to handle the torque, hence back I am back to stage 1.

katanamst279

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted some quick advice. Should I reflash my ECU everytime the software gets updated? I'm not sure since there are not updates given out but my computer software is massively out of date.

Thanks