GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

JSoler

Ready to race!
I read a post above about iat's and how they had 122° Etc.... How? I have an is38, the golf r intercooler core, the stock intake box with the Swiss cheese mod to the front duct, full tbe, turbo muffler delete, dv+ and rs7 plugs running an e50 blend on 97oct setting and 27psi for mqb adjustable setting. Even today at 80°f my iat after 5 pulls back to back was only 105°f????? Is it your open intake sucking in the hot engine air??? Because my stock box with k&n drop in and some holes drilled into the front duct by the grill nets me 105°F after 5 pulls. Lol something is strange, or my car is REALLY efficient at cooling

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
I would guess that humidity has a lot to do with it. You live in NY where humidity is ~70%, AZGTI lives in Tuscon and its dry air ~5% humidity. And where both of you live are totally opposite. Humid air takes longer to heat up.

dre1615

Ready to race!
Guys, just uploaded the adjustable IS38 file for my GTI. It defaulted to 21 PSI and 93 octane. Is there a PSI I should be aiming for here? Or start with 21 and log?

Thanks

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Guys, just uploaded the adjustable IS38 file for my GTI. It defaulted to 21 PSI and 93 octane. Is there a PSI I should be aiming for here? Or start with 21 and log?

Thanks

As far as I can tell, The "non-adjustable" IS38 file peaks at 28 so I just have mine set to 28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSoler

Ready to race!
I would guess that humidity has a lot to do with it. You live in NY where humidity is ~70%, AZGTI lives in Tuscon and its dry air ~5% humidity. And where both of you live are totally opposite. Humid air takes longer to heat up.
True lol... Before I started logging so frequently I was pinching my cheeks in fear that I'd fuck something up. But as of late, I feel like this setup is perfect to run even at the 98 oct setting. I'm going to wait for another hot day and so some logging. I can run it no doubt in 50-60° weather as I did so last week. With no timing pull what so ever except after about 6 pulls then it corrected it self and the car pulled about 3° I'll try again at 98 and 27 in 80°f and higher weather. Runs like a champ at 97 27 though!

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
True lol... Before I started logging so frequently I was pinching my cheeks in fear that I'd fuck something up. But as of late, I feel like this setup is perfect to run even at the 98 oct setting. I'm going to wait for another hot day and so some logging. I can run it no doubt in 50-60° weather as I did so last week. With no timing pull what so ever except after about 6 pulls then it corrected it self and the car pulled about 3° I'll try again at 98 and 27 in 80°f and higher weather. Runs like a champ at 97 27 though!

Also it can be argued a larger turbo makes less heat. Is that applicable here? No one will know. I did both my runs after 15mins of traffic both times.

I want a uni intercooler but I'm not sure it will keep up after seeing some logs. I already made the mistake of a golf r intercooler once.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Also it can be argued a larger turbo makes less heat. Is that applicable here? No one will know. I did both my runs after 15mins of traffic both times.

I want a uni intercooler but I'm not sure it will keep up after seeing some logs. I already made the mistake of a golf r intercooler once.

Get the I.E. intercooler and meth injection.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
If a sale or something comes up I will. I really dont want to add meth to this car.

My vrt's and 1.8t's did I guess I want to keep this one clean.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
7.1.7 is out, haven't had a chance to connect to the car, but anyone know the differences? Does Ed release patch notes?
That would be awesome if he did, but I've never seen anything! Maybe we all should bombard his email and ask him to do so! Would be nice!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk