GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Arrived today, going to try and throw it in next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Any plans to release anything smaller Ed? I know you're working on something bigger. I'd like to see something to compete with the Euro LM440 or Littco IS38x.

Honestly with our standard production exhaust housing, our turbo spools at least as well as the LM450. I only have one data sample with that turbo, but in that car it actually spooled about 300RPM slower compared to our EQT on similar cars and setups. Full boost bellow 3000RPM is about as fast as I'd want to see any aftermarket option spool, so I don't think we'll be making anything smaller. The Littco IS38x is a good option for guys wanting to go with an IS38 size turbo and are concerned about OEM IS38 reliability. The next step up is our Vortex turbo and there really isn't enough room in between to warrant another turbo option.

Thanks
-- Ed

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I may need to flash a different DSG tune, but right now on Sport+ and the EQT base map, the car feels real good in Sport Mode.

Drive isn't as nice to drive in as it was with the IS20, but again, I think flashing the IS38 DSG tune could be helpful in that regard.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I may need to flash a different DSG tune, but right now on Sport+ and the EQT base map, the car feels real good in Sport Mode.

Drive isn't as nice to drive in as it was with the IS20, but again, I think flashing the IS38 DSG tune could be helpful in that regard.

One of my DSG tunes would be even better ;)

-- Ed

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Sure thing.. its $100. You're not waiting on me for a revision are you?

-- Ed

Sent the first log pull Sunday late, well, Monday around 12:30am.

What differences do you run on your DSG tune compared to the canned Cobb ones? For $100, I would prefer yours since it will go well with the ECU tune
Just sent a follow up email with a note about the DSG tune :)

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Sent the first log pull Sunday late, well, Monday around 12:30am.

What differences do you run on your DSG tune compared to the canned Cobb ones? For $100, I would prefer yours since it will go well with the ECU tune
Just sent a follow up email with a note about the DSG tune :)

Strange... I haven't seen your e-mail. Please send it again to ed AT eqtuning.com.

My DSG tune has very revised shift points both at part throttle and WOT. Shift speeds are also dialed in a bit.

Thanks
-- Ed

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Just sent a NEW email to you with the log attached.

I had replied to your initial email with with the same address.

Might check spam filter too? I'm using ProtonMail with a custom domain name, so not coming from a big email company like Gmail or yahoo.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Just sent a NEW email to you with the log attached.

I had replied to your initial email with with the same address.

Might check spam filter too? I'm using ProtonMail with a custom domain name, so not coming from a big email company like Gmail or yahoo.

Thanks got it this time. I'll try to get you a revision tonight.

Thanks
-- Ed

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Thanks got it this time. I'll try to get you a revision tonight.

Thanks
-- Ed

haha Nice.

Just sent another email from a secondary Gmail address which you can ignore if you got the first.

:)

Should I call for payment on the DSG tune or something else?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
haha Nice.

Just sent another email from a secondary Gmail address which you can ignore if you got the first.

:)

Should I call for payment on the DSG tune or something else?

Yep that'll work.

-- Ed

railroader

Autocross Newbie
No i wouldnt bother man. Wait i was just reading...you do cobb dsg tunes as well???
He does it all, Ed is the man

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk