GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Yeah, what he said!

I doubt it makes sense but I'd love for Fred to offer a UM tune that is for stock fueling (or stock + LPFP) without the MPI active. It's a bigger chunk of change to do MPI and the turbo all at once, even though it's worth it in the long run.

Possible but it would need to support a HPFP as it seems most cars need it without MPI. I don't think UM is too keen on the upgraded HPFP's, so I doubt it'll happen.

-- Ed

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Possible but it would need to support a HPFP as it seems most cars need it without MPI. I don't think UM is too keen on the upgraded HPFP's, so I doubt it'll happen.

-- Ed

I already asked about the HPFP and that is definitely not something they were touching, sadly.

Wasn't the OPs car in this thread tuned on that fueling hardware first? Or was the HPFP on from the beginning and an LPFP added later for the E30 dyno. I can't keep track anymore!

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
10's are coming as soon as the weather cooperates out here! This car is making about 100whp less than mine :D

-- Ed

10s on your car or customers? If customer, that would be a tall order on 91 crapola.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I already asked about the HPFP and that is definitely not something they were touching, sadly.

Wasn't the OPs car in this thread tuned on that fueling hardware first? Or was the HPFP on from the beginning and an LPFP added later for the E30 dyno. I can't keep track anymore!

Nope. That car had a HPFP initially and added a LPFP for the E36 tune. Some GTI’s just barely get away with the stock HPFP, but others need that upgraded as well. The turbo could be run on stock fueling at lower boost of course.

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
10s on your car or customers? If customer, that would be a tall order on 91 crapola.

No way its happening on 91 Octane. It would have to be an ethanol blend at least.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I did a quick 60-130 run today in my Golf R. This is full weight plus standard junk including a kit seat. I only did one run, so I’m sure it can be improved on. All things considered, happy to see under 9s. This is with our Vortex turbo on E30 (downpipe, intake, intercooler, HPFP, LPFP, stock exhaust).

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I did a quick 60-130 run today in my Golf R. This is full weight plus standard junk including a kit seat. I only did one run, so I’m sure it can be improved on. All things considered, happy to see under 9s. This is with our Vortex turbo on E30 (downpipe, intake, intercooler, HPFP, LPFP, stock exhaust).

Man Ed, you must be very close to Mexico!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17R

I stopped by the EQT shop yesterday looking to meet Ed, get a ride in the shop car and order up some work for my MK7R. Unfortunately he wasn't there and the Turbos are back-ordered. Back to lurking I go..

Kelvin

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I stopped by the EQT shop yesterday looking to meet Ed, get a ride in the shop car and order up some work for my MK7R. Unfortunately he wasn't there and the Turbos are back-ordered. Back to lurking I go..

Kelvin

Sorry about that! Was off with the family. Come by some other time and I’ll be happy to give you a ride.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
I’m so curious for UM EQT results

same here.. but with fbo everything and 450LPFP, port injection and E85 (not sure what mix ratio) i think it will be on a stock block around 420 lbs/ft capped at wheels. (for longevity/reliability) and close to 500whp. not too shabby. the torque curve when we see it, will tell alot. :D

Hoon

Autocross Champion
same here.. but with fbo everything and 450LPFP, port injection and E85 (not sure what mix ratio) i think it will be on a stock block around 420 lbs/ft capped at wheels. (for longevity/reliability) and close to 500whp. not too shabby. the torque curve when we see it, will tell alot. :D

Have you seen Railroaders TQ curve on E50?

He keeps having to turn it down in the mid range. I'm sure UM will produce a meat torque curve, but if for some reason they don't, it's not the turbos fault.