GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

edrex

Ready to race!
That wouldn’t be an e-tune, it would be a custom dyno tune. It’s a little more expensive, but if you’re local it’s definitely the best option. I’d be happy to write up a quote for you on Monday.

Thanks, hope you’re having a fantastic holiday! I’ll check in with you through PM next week to pin down pricing

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey guys! It's time!

The "Boost Weather Sale" is live!

Turbo only - $1599

Turbo Only + E-Tune - $1999

Turbo Only, Cobb AccessPort, and E-tune - $2599

Complete Kit (Turbo, 2.5" Muffler Delete, 2.5" Discharge Pipe, Couplers) - $1749

Complete Kit + E-Tune - $2149

Complete kit, Cobb AccessPort, and E-tune - $2699 - That's $450 off retail pricing!

This pricing will be running until November 30th. You can give us a call or order online at https://eqtuning.com/products/eqt-vortex-turbocharger

Thanks

-- Ed

Black Friday Bump!

*We’re all sold out of the upcoming shipment, but the next one will be in late December. Pre-order at this price for this month only!

Thanks
-- Ed

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Ed,

Can you also provide me with the difference in pricing for dyno-tune vs. e-tune since I'm driving from TX to you to have the install done?

Thanks

vw671

Autocross Newbie
91 octane.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Need to run a 60-130.

These 0-60s show traction more than power :)

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Need to run a 60-130.

These 0-60s show traction more than power :)

I don't really need to get a ticket...no where to run 130 in my area.

Best 0-60 I was ever able to get on Stage-2 was 3.79 secs (over 20 test hits). With the EQT I ran 3.49 sec first try. Same car, tires, fuel, weight.

So unless the EQT gave me more traction...which it didn't...LOL. I say it shows power.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I don't really need to get a ticket...no where to run 130 in my area.

Best 0-60 I was ever able to get on Stage-2 was 3.79 secs (over 20 test hits). With the EQT I ran 3.49 sec first try. Same car, tires, fuel, weight.

So unless the EQT gave me more traction...which it didn't...LOL. I say it shows power.

There are stock turbo cars running faster 0-60s than this.

0-60 is a useless measure for a bigger turbo.

Had you done 60-130 on the stock turbo, it probably would have been in the 13 second range. Now it's probably in the 9s.

A few seconds instead of a few tenths.

vw671

Autocross Newbie

Had you done 60-130 on the stock turbo, it probably would have been in the 13 second range. Now it's probably in the 9s.

I'm sure their are quicker cars. Mine is a full weight, dual air compressor air-ride car with a helix subwoofer running only 91-octane. I've seen many run ~3.5 and faster with 93, Meth, and Ethanol. But I can definitely see the horsepower benefit over Stage-2 as previously mentioned.

My datalog pulls 2,000-redline in 4th (DSG) used to take about 12 secs on stage-2 and now they are taking about 10 secs if that helps you.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

Yeah my is38 w/ MPI and ethanol hit 3.14 in the street with some weight reduction(not even fully stripped). I'm confident you should see some 2.xx numbers with the right supporting mods and this turbo.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Yeah my is38 w/ MPI and ethanol hit 3.14 in the street with some weight reduction(not even fully stripped). I'm confident you should see some 2.xx numbers with the right supporting mods and this turbo.

What are you measuring with?
I'm not really interested in world records...just full weight 91-octane times.

*91-octane only
My best stage-2 8th mile was 7.82@90.05MPH

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

*91-octane only

Nice solid gains! It’s great to compare times in the same car, weight, tires, etc.

— Ed

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

*91-octane only

The time is pretty good for 91 octane. What I am saying is you'd easily see 2 second times with ethanol. For reference, i was hitting 0-60 in the 3.3x-3.4x second range in the street and ran a 7.388 @ 95mph on stock turbo w/ MPI and full weight . I have an EQT turbo on the way so I will see what this thing can do soon :cool: I highly recommend going the MPI route so you can ditch 91 for e85. Also like another person mentioned, 60-120mph is where you should see this turbo put a big gap on an is38.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
The time is pretty good for 91 octane. What I am saying is you'd easily see 2 second times with ethanol. For reference, i was hitting 0-60 in the 3.3x-3.4x second range in the street and ran a 7.388 @ 95mph on stock turbo w/ MPI and full weight . I have an EQT turbo on the way so I will see what this thing can do soon :cool: I highly recommend going the MPI route so you can ditch 91 for e85. Also like another person mentioned, 60-120mph is where you should see this turbo put a big gap on an is38.

Yes I totally realize this, but there is only one Ethanol station near me which is 16 miles away in a direction I rarely drive in, so basically 30miles to fill Ethanol. It's too inconvenient for me hence staying on 91 only. Hopefully things will change in my area in the future but until then I will be running 91. To put insult to injury we don't even have a 1/4 mile track in San Diego:(

The EQT basically got me the power of a IS38 on full E85 with more reliability which was my goals.

Last edited:

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Yes I totally realize this, but there is only one Ethanol station near me which is 16 miles away in a direction I rarely drive in, so basically 30miles to fill Ethanol. It's too inconvenient for me hence staying on 91 only. Hopefully things will change in my area in the future but until then I will be running 91. To put insult to injury we don't even have a 1/4 mile track in San Diego:(

The EQT basically got me the power of a IS38 on full E85 with more reliability which was my goals.

I just found out there is a new E85 station 3 miles from me but prior to that I bought four 5 gallon VP racing fuel jugs and filled up 20 gallons worth of E85 for home storage so that I could fill up at a station 20 miles away. One 5 gallon jug + 91 pump gas would give me roughly E36 and last a week so I'd only have to go to the E85 station once a month. Having the new station 3 miles away is a much better arrangement but I'll still store some at home or take a jug with me on long drives if I need to.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
does anything tune-wise (speaking UM exclusively) have to change when an HPFP is changed? going back to the tuner for ANY change/upgrade gets rather expensive. also, in the scenario for EQT upgrade i see no point in changing the HPFP if someone already has LPFP and port injection upgrades. am i wrong?