GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS tuning SS clutch line

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Installed the ECS clutch line and deleted that bullshit valve. I posted this pic in another thread but here it is again. Install was simple. Clutch engagement is much better. No hang ups. If anyone is doing the upgraded line and debating on installing it into the valve or removing the valve to bypass it, I would recommend to remove it.

Thanks for the feedback! Now I am excited to install mine.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the feedback! Now I am excited to install mine.

two metal clips on each end of stock line to remove it AND don't forget there is a black plastic clip holding the line to the frame... reached easiest from the bottom of the car. Kind of a pain to get out but can be done with hand tools.

GTIManEG

Ready to race!
So just installed the line today and with the info on this thread. Removed the "Oscillation damper" Link to the part https://www.fte-automotive.com/en/products/clutch-hydraulic/vibration-canceler.html
In short, it makes your pedal feel like mush. IT'S-A MUST REMOVE PART!!! for aftermarket clutch kits.
I have a DKM Stage 3 MS-twin disc clutch and before the line install, I have the valve removed in the bleeder bock and the spring removed from the pedal. I was still getting really bad clutch chatter from a stop. After this mod, the pedal feels the same from the top of travel to the floor. I am able to slip the clutch like a normal clutch, I have ALOT more feedback on what the pressure plate is doing. The chatter is very minimal if any at all.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Agreed with above. 100% worthwhile mod to delete both delay valves. Clutch actually feels like a clutch now... “The pedal feels the same from the top of travel to the floor” is the best way to put it.

[emoji1369] Ef that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airjor13

Ready to race!
Where did y'all come up with "swirl valve" ??

VW service manuals calls it a round component, the parts manufacturer calls it a oscillation damper, swirl valve I guess its just the common name.

SimonSaysGTI1

Did anyone have trouble installing the pin at the firewall? I can’t get it to go in and hold the cable in place. It’s like something is blocking it, but I can’t see anything in there.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I’d like to know if anyone gets a strange sound, almost a vibration kind of sound, when engaging gears? Specifically when applying gas as you’re letting off the clutch? Seems to do it when I start pushing the gas a little too soon before I’ve let the clutch out enough.

Lots of changes in the car and new sounds, this is one of them. Just curious if anyone else has heard it to see if it has to do with removing this “vibration dampener”!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just read this start to finish. Definitely ordering the ECS line and deleting that valve!

Thanks everyone, this should compliment my dkm twin disk and bleeder block perfectly

SimonSaysGTI1

I’d like to know if anyone gets a strange sound, almost a vibration kind of sound, when engaging gears? Specifically when applying gas as you’re letting off the clutch? Seems to do it when I start pushing the gas a little too soon before I’ve let the clutch out enough.

Lots of changes in the car and new sounds, this is one of them. Just curious if anyone else has heard it to see if it has to do with removing this “vibration dampener”!

The only time I get any additional sound is when I heal toe. Other than that it’s quiet and maybe some very, very slight increase in vibration in the pedal.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
For what its worth. I have the USP SS line and its awesome. Also deleted bypass valve, no sounds, no issues, holding up well.

Navi

Autocross Champion
The only time I get any additional sound is when I heal toe. Other than that it’s quiet and maybe some very, very slight increase in vibration in the pedal.

How are you feeling and toeing with the god awful pedal layout? Do you have aftermarket pedals?

JakeFromStateFarm

Ready to race!
FWIW, I just used ESC's live chat and talked to Mike P and he matched USP's sale price of $47 on ECS's normally $60 line.