GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynamic Light Assist

Ivarhoe

Hello
I have the Dynamic Light Assist on my 1.4Tsi Mk7. It works quite well , but I think it is a bit slow to turn on the full lightning effect after the other cars have passed in the opposite lane. It is very fast to mask the light beam when the sensors discover a meeting car, but it is so much slower to remove the masking. A bit irritating. Anybody experinced the same? Any calibration to perform?

paddypool

Ready to race!
Hello
I have the Dynamic Light Assist on my 1.4Tsi Mk7. It works quite well , but I think it is a bit slow to turn on the full lightning effect after the other cars have passed in the opposite lane. It is very fast to mask the light beam when the sensors discover a meeting car, but it is so much slower to remove the masking. A bit irritating. Anybody experinced the same? Any calibration to perform?

i have decided to order this> would you still go for it again?
and whats the time delay going back to full?

le0n1

Ready to race!
My biggest issue with DLA is that it won't activate before speed is around 65 km/t. Would be nice if it got activated at 50. I love the DLA, highly recommended:)

dipth

Ready to race!
I love the dynamic light assits with one huge exception...
It confuses other drivers.

Whenever I use the dynamic light assist about every 30th car that passes me blinks their lights, as if they think I'm still using high beams (which I technically am, but it shouldn't bother them since they are masked out).
Since there is 29 cars for every 30 that doesn't blink, I can only assume that it is because some people have a habit of reaching for the blink as soon as they think someone is riding with high beams even though they're not really bothered by it.

It annoys me so much that I've begun blinking back at them with full high-beams so that they can taste the difference.

Ivarhoe

i have decided to order this> would you still go for it again?
and whats the time delay going back to full?

Yes, I will still recommend it, I use it all the time and think it is nice. But, as I said in my first posting, it should be quicker to turn on full light when it is possible. It can take 2-4 seconds before the masking of the light is removed after a car has passed, at 80-90 km/t that is a long distance where you don't have maximum visibility. I don't think that is an optimal function.

paddypool

Ready to race!
Yes, I will still recommend it, I use it all the time and think it is nice. But, as I said in my first posting, it should be quicker to turn on full light when it is possible. It can take 2-4 seconds before the masking of the light is removed after a car has passed, at 80-90 km/t that is a long distance where you don't have maximum visibility. I don't think that is an optimal function.

agreed..

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
The more possible answer is that the light detector in the windscreen cannot identify the difference between full light (car passing by next to you) and darkness after the car passed so quickly, so it is programmed to delay a little to detect if there is another car coming the other way.
P.S. I wish you got what I wanted to say, I wouldn't!!!

paddypool

Ready to race!
I love the dynamic light assits with one huge exception...
It confuses other drivers.

Whenever I use the dynamic light assist about every 30th car that passes me blinks their lights, as if they think I'm still using high beams (which I technically am, but it shouldn't bother them since they are masked out).
Since there is 29 cars for every 30 that doesn't blink, I can only assume that it is because some people have a habit of reaching for the blink as soon as they think someone is riding with high beams even though they're not really bothered by it.

It annoys me so much that I've begun blinking back at them with full high-beams so that they can taste the difference.

I have the car around 5 weeks, is anyone else on here having problems with lorries flashing you when you have DLA on ??
every 2nd-3rd lorry is flashing me, i then flash back with high beam to let them know they're not on...obviously the DLA is dazzling them in some way..a major pain in the a*s getting flashes from them:mad:.

paddypool

Ready to race!
I have the car around 5 weeks, is anyone else on here having problems with lorries flashing you when you have DLA on ??
every 2nd-3rd lorry is flashing me, i then flash back with high beam to let them know they're not on...obviously the DLA is dazzling them in some way..a major pain in the a*s getting flashes from them:mad:.

Anyone ????!

le0n1

Ready to race!
Never been flashed, works absolutely perfect since February 2013.

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

Netcruzer

My very first drive home in the dark I tried light assist on mine. I got flashed by oncoming cars 5 times. So then I turned off light assist and drove for awhile with just normal low beam xenons, and I was still flashed once. I think our lights are too bright/harsh for oncoming, or possibly they should have been calibrated with the cut off lower. Still not sure I only drove at night once so far. Lights are AWESOME, but not when you get flashed by oncoming drivers.

Stripey

Ready to race!
I don't have DLA, but I had the problem of other cars flashing me. My beam (xenon) was noticeably high (on dipped) so I could see why people were flashing.

Anyway, got VW to check it and it turned out that something hadn't been set properly or checked at PDI so they set it properly and haven't had a problem since. As the lights are self levelling, once it's set up properly they should, in theory, never shine too high. So maybe get VW to look at it if you're getting flashed all the time, something may not be right!

Also, check your settings that the lights are set up for driving on the correct side of the road.

James75

Go Kart Champion
I've got Xenons on my Transporter, they were quite high, I had a dealer set them lower, with the Transporter there were a number of factory vehicles were the Xenons were set to high.

Good advice to check whether they are set for left or right hand drive, there is some debate around the Transporter, some people seem to think that Xenons are set flat, so they can be driven in the UK or abroad, personally I am not convinced by that.

James