GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dropped 8mm socket in engine bay

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Ok. Need some help. Dropped a socket in the engine bay back towards the turbo. Sounds like it landed on metal. Can't see it. Tried lifting the car up from both sides to hear it but nothing. Anyone else do this? I tried searching quickly but couldn't find anything. Yes, I'm very new at this and discovering my hands can't even handle a simple intake swap.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Scratch that. Finally found it by some stroke of luck. Wish i could delete the post to not clog up the feed. Thanks anyways.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Well, here's my first official "power" mod. Took WAY too long but hopefully I'll get better as i do more going forward.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Aw man, finding it takes away the fun of pooping yourself a little bit when you hear a loud metal clunk underneath your car while driving :(

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Not an 8mm, but still valid.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
I probably have about 10 lbs worth of nuts, bolts, and various tools laying in whatever crevices they seem to find in that black hole engine bay. I don't even bother looking for crap anymore once it falls in there.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Aw man, finding it takes away the fun of pooping yourself a little bit when you hear a loud metal clunk underneath your car while driving :(
I was about ready to have a heart attack from both fear of meeting something up and anger lol
Not an 8mm, but still valid.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
This is some top notch art right here

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Good ur found ur tool. Ive dropped enough in the engine bay and in my buddies gli. Shake the car. Put in neutral then slam the brakes. Then if all else fails... chalk it up as another L and pray nothing brakes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calubi

Ready to race!
I have an 8mm plus extension sitting somewhere by the driver side wheel well. Dropped it by the top of the head light, and the damn thing rolled into the space by the body panel. No idea where it finally settled, but I hear it bang around every now and then on the road. I haven't attempted to remove the wheel well liner to try to get it.

cdmorenot88

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m late to the party but my cellphone has been my #1 friend locating dropped nuts, bolts, sockets, whatever. Set the phone on record with the flash on and just start filming away... just don’t drop the damn phone too.

I once had to go through 15 minutes of footage but found what I was looking for sitting somewhere on the subframe. Win !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I had a B5 S4 that I dropped more than one 10mm down the engine bay...never to be found.