GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving profiles modification tool!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Factorty was Bit5 ticked....Bit7 not ticked.....build date was late Sept 2014yr..so a "2015yr" model.....I thought the CANgateway & the central electronics modules don't need to know what buttons are installed, re the ESC & TPMS as its only an AUX switch, so as you say it was factory ticked for "driving mode" button installed ...

Its silly...like you say only other option is de-pin...& I have the all the Erwin stuff for my car so I'll look at the de-pin option....

I also had a go a setting (as per normal, not VCDS) the driving mode button to normal...drove car & you could feel the difference in steering & throttle from how I normally have it.....so set it back "individual" where I have it all in "sport"...& have cycled the ignitions, locked car left it a day etc, & it still feels the same i.e. "individual"..& not "normal".....so mine appears to hold the "individual" settings....... 🤷‍♂️
Only the Driving Mode and Start/Stop button are connected to the BCM. And Byte 15 has the bits for both of those buttons. Start/Stop button also has the orange LED but there is no option for it to "not" be active.

As far as the driving modes... some settings are saved and some are not. The argument was never that nothing is saved. It's just false to make a blanket statement that any car holds the individual settings. It will be true of some settings and it will not be true of others. If your car was DSG the DSG would not ever start in Sport.

In every dataset I've seen the steering setting is saved, so that's not surprising. Erwin descriptions (that you posted) says there's no difference in engine settings between Normal and Sport 🤷‍♂️, just that Eco reduces performance. Of course it's possible that throttle response changes and is just not mentioned in Erwin. Throttle response isn't something I think VAG would care about returning to "normal" anyway (no matter what the "response" is a person could just press the pedal all the way down). And cars without driving modes from factory are always in Normal.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Only the Driving Mode and Start/Stop button are connected to the BCM. And Byte 15 has the bits for both of those buttons. Start/Stop button also has the orange LED but there is no option for it to "not" be active.

As far as the driving modes... some settings are saved and some are not. The argument was never that nothing is saved. It's just false to make a blanket statement that any car holds the individual settings. It will be true of some settings and it will not be true of others. If your car was DSG the DSG would not ever start in Sport.

In every dataset I've seen the steering setting is saved, so that's not surprising. Erwin descriptions (that you posted) says there's no difference in engine settings between Normal and Sport 🤷‍♂️, just that Eco reduces performance. Of course it's possible that throttle response changes and is just not mentioned in Erwin. Throttle response isn't something I think VAG would care about returning to "normal" anyway (no matter what the "response" is a person could just press the pedal all the way down). And cars without driving modes from factory are always in Normal.

The driving mode button orange light is going to be a mystery on my car....I give up!!..

Re the Driving mode button, I know that the DSG always starts in normal, ...just I was speaking from my experience with my car & what it does re the driving mode settings...& I don't have DSG.....but you do notice the difference in the steering feel when set to "sport", especially around the straight ahead position...less vague compared to "normal" setting....& remember for clarity that I have a "normal" steering rack & not the "progressive" steering rack that is fitted to GTI/GTD/R/CCS...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have normal steering rack as well... and have configured Comfort, Normal and Sport steering. All of them feel different enough that I know the mode as soon as I start driving.

As for the driving modes... my point in that other thread was the telling the OP that your car remains in individual mode through ignition cycles (which would be true, given your equipment) is unhelpful because it does not mean their car will remain in chosen mode (for all settings) through an ignition cycle. Regardless of what Erwin, the infotainment screen or the button indicates, every setting is not retained through ignition cycles.

The requests to the modules come from the gateway, based on the dataset. They are not communicated back to the mode button or back to the infotainment screen. What the screen shows doesn't even have to match the requests the gateway is sending out. I could setup your driving profile dataset to show everything in Race mode all the time, even though it's not true (and in fact your car won't have the FEC for Race mode).

As the horse is well dead and gone to heaven (if it believes in such a thing)... it wasn't that you were wrong about your car, it was that (what came across as) a blanket statement based on your car is not accurate.

Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
hi Chillout

this is awesome work!
I saw in the first posts that you've had the same strungle as i have right now.

We've updated from MIB1 to MIB2 in my 2015 GOLF 7 GTE, we also changed the gateway from 5Q to 3Q0907530AD and offcourse removed al CP.
MIB2 is working fine but we're struggling with the hybrid modes.

At this moment the GTE button is a driving mode switch:
View attachment 283420

and the Emode switch shows 4 hybrid modes but it's in full electrid mode and i'm not able to switch to other modes unfortunatelly :(

View attachment 283421

I see that Buttons & hybrid is coming soon but do you have any advice on this maybe??

Biggest problem is that i can only drive in E-mode so appr 40km and that's not very usefull

thanks !!

Strange, did some testing with different datasets in the same GTE setup. If icon shows, then it's selectable. But did you edit dataset by yourself?

GolfR75

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This is awesome. The changes I want to make for my MK7.5 Golf R (with stock Eco, Comfort, Normal, Race, and Custom), are for “Normal” mode to be called “Sport” mode, with all settings the same as Normal, with the exception of the transmission & lights be set to Race.

I also want to modify Eco mode so that the Steering and DCC are set to Comfort when in that mode, instead of Normal like it is currently.

Lastly, I want the car to default to Comfort mode every time I start the car.

I understand how to do the last two changes that I want to make, but am a little bit puzzled in regards to how to rename Normal mode as Sport mode, or if that’s even possible.

Last edited: