GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving profiles modification tool!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yep late 2014 build....Its the amber light & I've tried various long coding tricks the "light not installed" (WTF in German)..& it didn't work for me...(can't remember the exact ones I tried what's the latest known good way?)...I think they altered the BCM slightly on the early cars..& yet mine is built after the summer 2014 change when they did some minor spec alterations here in Europe!

De-pin...forgot about that..!!...but yes coding is neater!!....
Do you have an auto scan, and maybe ad-map of you BCM posted somewhere? Everything is adaptations on the facelifts.
Code:
Facelift BCM's it's adaptation...
IDE06507-ENG140243-Button in center console-Zusatzcodierung Fahrprofiltaster hat keine LED
Translation - Button in center console additional coding driving profile button has no LED

The options are "LED Installed" and "LED Not Installed"

But it was Byte 15 bit 7 on my original-ish BCM. This was actually my retrofit highline BCM, but the ETKA appropriate one for my 2015, late 2014 build.
Bytes 15 to 18.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Do you have an auto scan, and maybe ad-map of you BCM posted somewhere? Everything is adaptations on the facelifts.
Code:
IDE06507-ENG140243-Button in center console-Zusatzcodierung Fahrprofiltaster hat keine LED
Translation - Button in center console additional coding driving profile button has no LED

But it was Byte 15 bit 7 on my original-ish BCM. This was actually my retrofit highline BCM, but the ETKA appropriate one for my 2015, late 2014 build.
View attachment 279021

I'll have a look again over the weekend........if I remember correctly it turned the light off but it also did something else stupid....

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
@dvw.r ODIS-S isn't that expensive as far as I can tell. Are there any other tricks I'd need to be aware of if I was looking to purchase ODIS-S and a compatible dongle? Like having to work at VW or something? :)
I believe you need network access. Vw or approved garage. Independents can get access. Other option for paramaterization and data sets is vcp which is a yearly license out of Poland or Czech Republic.

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I believe you need network access. Vw or approved garage. Independents can get access. Other option for paramaterization and data sets is vcp which is a yearly license out of Poland or Czech Republic.
That's correct. But you can buy 1 hour for approx. 15-20 EUR or buy a year or something. It's doable and not that expensive.

BasVal

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTE
hi Chillout

this is awesome work!
I saw in the first posts that you've had the same strungle as i have right now.

We've updated from MIB1 to MIB2 in my 2015 GOLF 7 GTE, we also changed the gateway from 5Q to 3Q0907530AD and offcourse removed al CP.
MIB2 is working fine but we're struggling with the hybrid modes.

At this moment the GTE button is a driving mode switch:
1686352843200.png

and the Emode switch shows 4 hybrid modes but it's in full electrid mode and i'm not able to switch to other modes unfortunatelly :(

1686353001310.png

I see that Buttons & hybrid is coming soon but do you have any advice on this maybe??

Biggest problem is that i can only drive in E-mode so appr 40km and that's not very usefull

thanks !!

Attachments

• 1686352798367.png
    1686352798367.png
    465 KB · Views: 34

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
@dvw.r I don't know if it's on the mqbtool site (I may have missed it) but you may want to add to your pdf that the DCC module must be software index C for this to work. And you will need an index C appropriate dataset for the DCC module as well.

Without that the slider won't be doing anything. In theory requests 1, 2, and 3 would you mean you are stuck in Comfort (or softer). But in my car DCC was stuck somewhere quite firm when I had the slider without the DCC module firmware/dataset. I'm running the Arteon dataset, but there are others of course.
Is there a downside to running the Arteon firmware (software index C) for the DCC module for Golf hatchback variants? Looks like there was a discussion on the repo that talked about the Arteon dataset not being optimal for hatchbacks, but if you edit and use a Golf hatchback dataset, does it work alright?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Is there a downside to running the Arteon firmware (software index C) for the DCC module for Golf hatchback variants? Looks like there was a discussion on the repo that talked about the Arteon dataset not being optimal for hatchbacks, but if you edit and use a Golf hatchback dataset, does it work alright?
I'm not aware of any factory Index C data sets for the Golf 7. I'm running the Arteon dataset and there are Passat datasets out there. To be fair, I don't really know how the data set I have would compare to an actual Golf data set.

I only ran the Index B (Golf) data set without the slider for a couple months. And I retrofitted DCC on a Golf TDI which has torsion beam rear so even a Golf data set is an imperfect "fit" for my car.

All that being said, I love the way my car rides. I spend 99% of my time in 2nd tick beyond "Comfort" mode. Flashing module, data set and driving profile data set is not a particularly long process.

It wouldn't be too difficult to do some back-to-back comparisons but my results likely won't mean much because of my car. If I wasn't in a TDI and the Index B data set had a better ride in Comfort (the mode I care most about) I would not give that up to get the slider.

Last edited:

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I'm not aware of any factory Index C data sets for the Golf 7. I'm running the Arteon dataset and there are Passat datasets out there. To be fair, I don't really know how the data set I have would compare to an actual Golf data set.

I only ran the Index B (Golf) data set without the slider for a couple months. And I retrofitted DCC on a Golf TDI which has torsion beam rear so even a Golf data set is an imperfect "fit" for my car.

All that being said, I love the way my car rides. I spend 99% of my time in 2nd tick beyond "Comfort" mode. Flashing module, data set and driving profile data set is not a particularly long process.

It wouldn't be too difficult to do some back-to-back comparisons but my results likely won't mean much because of my car. If I wasn't in a TDI and the Index B data set had a better ride in Comfort (the mode I care most about) I would not give that up to get the slider.
Ah, I must have misunderstood. I thought a Golf data set could be edited to be compatible with index C. My mistake.

I suppose I will stick with my index B and DCC for now as I have been happy with the comfort mode it has. Though, I do have to wonder what it would be like with the additional 'ticks' on the comfort side with the Arteon dataset 🙃

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@brentgti Yea, the Driving Profile dataset does get modified to be compatible with/enable the slider, which is the subject of this thread. But on the DCC side the module gets updated Index C firmware (from either A or B) and then it gets an Index C compatible dataset (Arteon or Passat for Golf folks like me/us).

At some point there was some discussion in these forums, in addition to the short mention of Github, of custom DCC datasets. I'm not sure what came of it. Smarter people than I would need to (and at some point probably will) figure out that dataset including the ability to repackage them, with whatever checksums that requires.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Code:

View attachment 279021

You have bit 5 & bit 7 ticked??....I thought it was untick5 & tick 7...not tick both to get the button light to go out?...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You have bit 5 & bit 7 ticked??....I thought it was untick5 & tick 7...not tick both to get the button light to go out?...
Those pictures were taken right before I switched to facelift BCM. At that time I had driving profiles still configured to show the orange light. But I didn't want the button to ever be orange so I ticked Bit 7 no orange light.
1698355086345.png

Bit 5 tells the BCM whether the button is there or not, basically tells the BCM whether to acknowledge/ignore the momentary ground input on BCM Plug C Pin 34.
Bit 7 tells the BCM whether the button has the additional orange LED, BCM Plug C Pin 21

1698353480586.png

You could also remove Pin 6 of the 10 pin connector to the button module, or remove BCM Plug C Pin 21, or both I suppose, haha.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Those pictures were taken right before I switched to facelift BCM. At that time I had driving profiles still configured to show the orange light. But I didn't want the button to ever be orange so I ticked Bit 7 no orange light.
View attachment 294172

Bit 5 tells the BCM whether the button is there or not, basically tells the BCM whether to acknowledge/ignore the momentary ground input on BCM Plug C Pin 34.
Bit 7 tells the BCM whether the button has the additional orange LED, BCM Plug C Pin 21

View attachment 294170

You could also remove Pin 6 of the 10 pin connector to the button module, or remove BCM Plug C Pin 21, or both I suppose, haha.

Thats great....I was on the understanding it was tick just one..not tick both!...which is why it never worked for me!....Time to dig out VCDS again & have both ticked!!...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thats great....I was on the understanding it was tick just one..not tick both!...which is why it never worked for me!....Time to dig out VCDS again & have both ticked!!...
@Cuzoe ...that didn't work...all it did was totally disable the button, which still had the LED lit, but pressing it now did nothing...so back to having only Bit5 ticked....I wonder if its because I fitted a different 3 button module as I retro-fitted the ESC switch.....???......Maybe the gateway needs programming to be told it has 3 working button switch block instead of a 2 button as from factory?....Mind you the all buttons work & have done since I did the retro-fit years ago!....

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@golfdave how is yours configured from the factory? I assume But 5 ticked and Bit 7 untucked?

Strange it doesn't work. What year is your golf? That wiring diagram is from my NAR 2015 but I would not suspect the pin mapping has changed. The white background light will always work as long as the 10 pin connector has ground on pin 1 and x58 dimming power on pin 2. I have all (6) of the shifter buttons in my car. The part numbers for my buttons were taken from your threads actually, (and credited in my build thread).

Gateway doesn't "know" what buttons are installed, as all that coding is in modules the various buttons connect to... BCM for Driving Mode/Start Stop, ABS Module for ESC/TPMS Set and Parking Module for Park Aid/Park Assist. The driving profile dataset does contain info about whether to illuminate the mode light orange or not.

I suppose it's possible the BCM ignores the mode button completely IF driving profile dataset says "turn it orange" outside of Normal Mode but the BCM is coded for no orange light installed. I would be very surprised if that was the case though... and it wasn't true for my car or a couple folks in your thread on Ross-Tech for this issue.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
@golfdave how is yours configured from the factory? I assume But 5 ticked and Bit 7 untucked?

Strange it doesn't work. What year is your golf? That wiring diagram is from my NAR 2015 but I would not suspect the pin mapping has changed. The white background light will always work as long as the 10 pin connector has ground on pin 1 and x58 dimming power on pin 2. I have all (6) of the shifter buttons in my car. The part numbers for my buttons were taken from your threads actually, (and credited in my build thread).

Gateway doesn't "know" what buttons are installed, as all that coding is in modules the various buttons connect to... BCM for Driving Mode/Start Stop, ABS Module for ESC/TPMS Set and Parking Module for Park Aid/Park Assist. The driving profile dataset does contain info about whether to illuminate the mode light orange or not.

I suppose it's possible the BCM ignores the mode button completely IF driving profile dataset says "turn it orange" outside of Normal Mode but the BCM is coded for no orange light installed. I would be very surprised if that was the case though... and it wasn't true for my car or a couple folks in your thread on Ross-Tech for this issue.

Factorty was Bit5 ticked....Bit7 not ticked.....build date was late Sept 2014yr..so a "2015yr" model.....I thought the CANgateway & the central electronics modules don't need to know what buttons are installed, re the ESC & TPMS as its only an AUX switch, so as you say it was factory ticked for "driving mode" button installed ...

Its silly...like you say only other option is de-pin...& I have the all the Erwin stuff for my car so I'll look at the de-pin option....

I also had a go a setting (as per normal, not VCDS) the driving mode button to normal...drove car & you could feel the difference in steering & throttle from how I normally have it.....so set it back "individual" where I have it all in "sport"...& have cycled the ignitions, locked car left it a day etc, & it still feels the same i.e. "individual"..& not "normal".....so mine appears to hold the "individual" settings....... 🤷‍♂️